YouTube Question Do creators have they're own blog?

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I have my own blog, though I haven't updated it in a while...

I use it as a way to get searches on Google and such. You can do the same thing with Medium if you didn't want to host and build your own website. @Andrew does this with his personal channel.

Beanie Draws

My art is my blog, and I guess my twitter is as well. Sometimes I’ll make a blog like video if it’s about my life but still related to my creative journey, and also the community tab on youtube is a good blog source.

people do recommend having a dedicated blog with your own website outside of social media as a diversification attempt. I’m still wrapping my head around that idea. It has it’s uses, but for me personally, my art is my blog. I crest because of my differant moods and needs to express, and I share that in my videos and on Instagram and Twitter :)

damazo

New User
I have a blog, but have not updated it. Eventually, I would like to post there, but it takes away time from creating content.

I wanted to ask another question I have reading some marketing books, and the one thing that has peaked my curiosity is do creators have they're own blog?
Yes. Better known as communities, i use for instance Twitter, or let's say Discord, Psn communities, you can just use your social media as well like an Instagram solely for your channel... NOTHING ELSE

Last edited by a moderator:

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
I started out with a blog, and later added some short videos to the blog. The videos started getting more popular than the blog - and are more fun to make - so the blog is rarely updated anymore. I am trying to get back into blogging, to support the vlogging.

I have a popular playlist on building our house, and have meant to write a blog about it, to provide more detail (prices and discussing the experience). WordPress has a lot of great features, and I recently added a chat forum to my blog... but that is hard to get going... My niche is rather targeted, and my target audience tends to be computer illiterate. :)

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I wanted to ask another question I have reading some marketing books, and the one thing that has peaked my curiosity is do creators have they're own blog?
I use medium to act as my blog! It's gotten me a lot of traction from google, and it's another form of advertising for my own content :D

Senior Notions

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
We started a Youtube channel to support our blog, but now we'd like to spend more time on videos, too. We have a Facebook page, but no Twitter or Instagram or others, yet. We are trying to get a handle on one thing at a time. So many platforms can be a little overwhelming.