YouTube Question Do other creators use other platforms to promote their channels?

Carlos Dominguez

New User
So I am currently working on my channel and my content, I wanted to ask other creators of how you promote your channels, do other creators go on forums, social media groups I wanted to ask cause I am curious of how you grow on YouTube.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So I am currently working on my channel and my content, I wanted to ask other creators of how you promote your channels, do other creators go on forums, social media groups I wanted to ask cause I am curious of how you grow on YouTube.
I use these forums. I'll post on facebook groups, but I find the most success personally on twitter. If you can get a tweet from a company featuring your video. THAT'S HUGE!

OP
OP
C

Carlos Dominguez

New User
Okay so for my skills I am currently still new, mostly I have been trying to build more of a connection in the community I am still fairly a noob when it comes to social media however I have been reading some social media marketing books just to understand the concept of how it works.

Beanie Draws

I mostly just use twitter to promote my videos. I use Instagram to share my finished art, then mention that its on my channel, but Instagram aren’t very good with external links, and I wouldn’t use Instagram just to promote videos, people won’t bother with it, though maybe on IGTV.

I use discord and these forums to share my videos sometimes, but more as a notification for my closer friends to know I’ve finally published. Otherwise I rely on word of mouth and seo.

Beanie Draws

Okay so for my skills I am currently still new, mostly I have been trying to build more of a connection in the community I am still fairly a noob when it comes to social media however I have been reading some social media marketing books just to understand the concept of how it works.
To be honest, and this is just my personal experience, I wouldn;t worry about trying to promote videos Using social media, unless it’s on twitter. If you don’t have any “social proof” it tends to come across as just spammy. Your focus on connection in the community is your best course of action and will yield better results long term.

builf a community of friends without the intent of promotio, and people will naturally want to share your content just because they like you and want to support you like @Andrew did for me on Twitter :) I didn’t ask him to share, he just did because we’re friends and he’s happy to see me publishing again :cool:

building strong relationships comes with all sorts of rewards long term, but you should always Be focused on giving to others rather than hoping they’ll give first, but it sound like you’re already on a good path with your community philosphy so this is more for anyone else reading :cool:

damazo

New User
intresting replies from everyone. I feel twitter does not generate as much traffic for me as IG does. I promote on facebook groups, IG, and twitter. Then there is the word of mouth at work.

People's Bookkeeper

Newbie Member
Member of the Month
Hey my friend! I use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (sometimes because I really suck at instagram) and Linked-In! I also have built great friendships with a lot of my subscribers so I quite often get tweets, shout-outs and shares from them (I never ask for them though). People will do that for you when they see how much you care about them!

Tiktokchanz

New User
TubeBuddy User
I use Reddit, IG, Pinterest, FB groups and 3 other forums (including this forum) to promote my YT channel
I do use other platforms to increase the number of views, comments, likes, subscribers and watch time but won't tell here ...

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I use both the TB forums and social media in order to promote my videos. For the TB forums, even though I don't use the promotion area often, I do get people coming to check out my channel. Your image plays a big part in a community, so if you're positive and you help out others, there'll be people who will flock to you :) (or if it's the opposite and you're spammy or rude on the forums/community, then people will less likely to check out your content xP).

Twitter is my main social media and that's where I do all of my promotions. After that is Instagram, and I used to have a FB as well, but I shut that down because it wasn't gaining as much attention as my two other socials. Though other than promoting my videos, I also try to gain connections with other yuri artists and overall support them :p

EmzChad

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
www.reallysimplerecipes.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
TB Forums are a fantastic way to start promoting your channel and getting good honest feedback. I've had awesome support from the guys and gals on the forums.

As well as the TB forum, I work on all social media platforms - Facebook (my own page), Twitter and Instagram. The most successful so far has been twitter, it's constantly moving. Also on Twitter, I've been able to build a fantastic rapport with people in the same niche. This can be a massive promotion tool for your content as they tend to re-tweet your posts. I think the main point is to give back to your community, not to be that person who just takes. I love all my followers, I have a great relationship with them all of them. I feel that we all work together and we are always there supporting each other.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Carlos Dominguez

New User
To be honest, and this is just my personal experience, I wouldn;t worry about trying to promote videos Using social media, unless it’s on twitter. If you don’t have any “social proof” it tends to come across as just spammy. Your focus on connection in the community is your best course of action and will yield better results long term.

builf a community of friends without the intent of promotio, and people will naturally want to share your content just because they like you and want to support you like @Andrew did for me on Twitter :) I didn’t ask him to share, he just did because we’re friends and he’s happy to see me publishing again :cool:

building strong relationships comes with all sorts of rewards long term, but you should always Be focused on giving to others rather than hoping they’ll give first, but it sound like you’re already on a good path with your community philosphy so this is more for anyone else reading :cool:
Okay Thank you Right Now I manly try to get involve with other communities but not to spam my channel but to see how others are doing finding interest in the community, I have also been reading some marketing business books to understand the "business structure" of social media platform as well too.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Okay Thank you Right Now I manly try to get involve with other communities but not to spam my channel but to see how others are doing finding interest in the community, I have also been reading some marketing business books to understand the "business structure" of social media platform as well too.
How are you enjoying the book? Is it worth a read? :)

zelia

New User
TubeBuddy User
I have been promoting my videos on instagram, but so far, my views increased but still no subscribers... is it because I DON'T ask for action like subscribe me? is pretty sad because i take so much time to edit and still have not enough subscribers and i compare myself to others...which makes me really frustrated ... :*(