Need Advice How do you run two separate channels?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I have a fishing channel, but I want to teach outdoor adventurers how to build their YouTube channels. The two just don't work together on the same channel. But then that mean I'd be dividing my effort. Not sure how I'd manage both channels. Advice?

Again my fishing videos have become more like outdoor adventure documentary films inspired by movies like "A River Runs Through It and most National Geographic documentaries. As my skills have grown, people often ask me about how I shoot.

Also I notice whenever I post a video about how I shoot or how I am building the YouTube channel itself, other outdoors YouTubers chimes in with real point of pain they identify with. My guess is there is a real business there with helping other outdoors channels. The fishing channel has become more of an artistic outlet bot h in the videos and the product I craft for my customers.

Just trying to figure the best way to go about this.

Last edited:

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have a fishing channel, but I want to teach outdoor adventurers how to build their YouTube channels. The two just don't work together on the same channel. But then that mean I'd be dividing my effort. Not sure how I'd manage both channels. Advice?

Again my fishing videos have become more like outdoor adventure documentary films inspired by movies like "A River Runs Through It and most National Geographic documentaries. As my skills have grown, people often ask me about how I shoot.

Also I notice whenever I post a video about how I shoot or how I am building the YouTube channel itself, other outdoors YouTubers chimes in with real point of pain they identify with. My guess is there is a real business there with helping other outdoors channels. The fishing channel has become more of an artistic outlet bot h in the videos and the product I craft for my customers.

Just trying to figure the best way to go about this.
For me it's balancing the schedules and planning a day where I plan what I wish to shoot. I had to cut down on my gaming channel to make my personal and TubeBuddy more successful. It's that balance. By doing this, I'm making it more possible for content to be created.

Understand that you have identified a niche in a bigger space. YouTube growth. It's a way for you to talk about it, but it's not an easy battle. People will care how you help them WAY more then the content itself, so think about it :)

Core Freedom

Newbie Member
Damon, what a great question. I logged on today because I have the same question. I will create a separate thread about it. In your case I personally think outdoor adventures and fishing go beautifully together. If I were in your shoes, I would separate the two by two different playlists, but keep them under one roof. If later you were to create videos where you review outdoor camping equipment, I would add that to a third playlist where all I'd cover are reviews. Etc.

Good luck!