YouTube Question Has anyone used the YouTube Merch Shelf feature? What has your experience been in converting sales?

MagikMike

New User
I'd be curious to hear from anyone who has used YouTube's Merch Shelf feature and how well it has helped them convert viewers to sales. I have read that the average apparel conversion rate is somewhere within the range of 1-3%, but it would cool to figure out a rough benchmark for us as YouTubers.

Personally, I have a seemingly low 0.18% conversion rate. This is calculated by using Teespring's view count and sales counts. (This doesn't account for one user viewing multiple pages during their session, or for orders with multiple products, so take it with a grain of salt I guess).

I would love to hear about your experience!

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd be curious to hear from anyone who has used YouTube's Merch Shelf feature and how well it has helped them convert viewers to sales. I have read that the average apparel conversion rate is somewhere within the range of 1-3%, but it would cool to figure out a rough benchmark for us as YouTubers.

Personally, I have a seemingly low 0.18% conversion rate. This is calculated by using Teespring's view count and sales counts. (This doesn't account for one user viewing multiple pages during their session, or for orders with multiple products, so take it with a grain of salt I guess).

I would love to hear about your experience!
We have it on TubeBuddy! Unless we draw specific attention to it, not much in that front. However, it is nice to see passive sales overtime :D

Fuzz

New User
The feature is unlocked on my channel but I have never used it. I couldn’t see it being worth the effort yet but maybe if I start getting 10x more views than right now it could potentially be worth spending time designing products and stuff.

Beanie Draws

I need to add more to mine. I haven’t noticed anything happen with mine yet, but I do have a video planned explaining how to make a tshirt, which I think will be the perfect opportunity to mention the shelf and to see if it yields any more results. If larger channels aren’t noticing much conversion, then I doubt it will make much impact on my channel.

wish they’d use redbubble instead of teespring I get more conversions on redbubble