• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

I cAnT hEAr yOu | What is a inexpensive mic. that I could use for my audio?

RonZena

TubeBuddy User
Hello y'all, Ron'Zena here and I believe my YouTube Channel is self titled "Ron'Zena", however, I am not quite sure lol. Long story short, I started vlogging about a month ago but I am having troubles with my audio. I was wondering if anyone had an advice on an external mic. I could buy in order to enhance the quality of sound on my video. Right now, I am looking for something small, durable and inexpensive. At the moment, I do not have the budget to buy something pricey but may be looking to in the future. If anyone has any suggestions please leave a comment below thank-you! :)

Reactions: msbfa72

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The boyah bym1 is about $20 online and is a trrs mic. Depending on the original audio of the device, the boyah may be an improvement, or it might not make any differance, it does have a long cable though so if you need to be away from the camera it will come in handy there. Personally IΓÇÖm not that big of a fan on it when in my shirt, but when attached to a headset close to the mouth itΓÇÖs decent for things like gaming and craft when you donΓÇÖt want a bigger mic in the way. ItΓÇÖs about the cheapest ΓÇ£decentΓÇ¥ mic youΓÇÖll find.

OP
OP
RonZena

RonZena

TubeBuddy User
I am currently vlogging with a Sony DSC-HX80 (Cybershot) and my iPhone XR :)

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I am currently vlogging with a Sony DSC-HX80 (Cybershot) and my iPhone XR :)

Since the sony does't appear to have a headphone jack I'd recommend a rode mic for your Iphone for outsite vlogging and I'd recommend an external recording and lav for your talking head content.

I guess are you looking to take the mic out and about? Or just be stationary?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Agreed with @Andrew about the Rode mic. I would also recommend the Shure MV88. I've used it for my iPhone for a while and it still does me justice :)

OP
OP
RonZena

RonZena

TubeBuddy User
Since the sony does't appear to have a headphone jack I'd recommend a rode mic for your Iphone for outsite vlogging and I'd recommend an external recording and lav for your talking head content.

I guess are you looking to take the mic out and about? Or just be stationary?

I am not necessarily worried about my NAT sound as much as I am my talking content so I guess I am looking for something that will be more stationary and can be used for my voice overs