Need Advice HELP! Which Language should I make my channel?

zelia

New User
TubeBuddy User
I am multilingual, I feel more comfortable doing my videos in Cantonese but the problem is that I don't know how to write it...:joy::sweat:
Should I try to write my tittles in 2 languages too to get more audiences, or to get better searched?
I can also speak portuguese, but it seems like my audience is mostly from asia side... Should i continue doing it in English?
Moreover, my audience doesn't seem to give me any feedback since mostly my subs are from family members... I created the subtitles too...
How to increase more views and subscribers too?
Please help with my dilemma...
:confounded::pensive::tired_face::weary_face:
Thank you all:heart:

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Pro
titotim.com
Depends on your target audience. I get a ton of my views from the Philippines, but my AdSense money comes from US ads. Ads in the Philippines pay very little. I have been trying to get my wife to make a channel, but she is not sure at all - but said *if* she does, she would be more comfortable speaking Tagalog. In our case that would be wide open in reach, but limited in revenue.

English vids might reach a wider audience; whether ads are important or not. If ads are important, you may want to check and see how much ads pay in Hong Kong & Macau (I am not sure where else it is spoken ha ha)

Beanie Draws

I am multilingual, I feel more comfortable doing my videos in Cantonese but the problem is that I don't know how to write it...:joy::sweat:
Should I try to write my tittles in 2 languages too to get more audiences, or to get better searched?
I can also speak portuguese, but it seems like my audience is mostly from asia side... Should i continue doing it in English?
Moreover, my audience doesn't seem to give me any feedback since mostly my subs are from family members... I created the subtitles too...
How to increase more views and subscribers too?
Please help with my dilemma...
:confounded::pensive::tired_face::weary_face:
Thank you all:heart:
Personally, have your title in the language you’re speaking in the video. If it‘s cantonese and you have no English subtitles, there’s no point writing them in English.

I’d also be curious what percentage of your country understands English? If english is widely understood, despite not being spoken, I’d do your content in English, have some Cantonese subtitles and have your title “in English Version - Cantonese Version Next To It”

that way you’re not isolating away all the possible English views you might get as well as the cantonese viewers.

mu audience is also 1/3-1/4 portuguese as well, but I think English is widely known and Learned among the world because of how large the American and UK part of youtube is.

i really wish I could understand more languages as I find it hard to keep reading subtitles At a fast rate.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Don't mislead the audience. What ever language you plan to speak to is how you should title and describe, if both you may need to make a choice, but English is the broader audience for the united states. I'd say what you think you'd do more naturally should be the language you target.

OP
OP
zelia

zelia

New User
TubeBuddy User
Depends on your target audience. I get a ton of my views from the Philippines, but my AdSense money comes from US ads. Ads in the Philippines pay very little. I have been trying to get my wife to make a channel, but she is not sure at all - but said *if* she does, she would be more comfortable speaking Tagalog. In our case that would be wide open in reach, but limited in revenue.

English vids might reach a wider audience; whether ads are important or not. If ads are important, you may want to check and see how much ads pay in Hong Kong & Macau (I am not sure where else it is spoken ha ha)
Thank you so much for the reply! It really helps alot! Well, my aim is not about ads so... hmm... I don't even know how to set up ads ... and I don't think I will add ads on my videos hahaha, but my analytics are telling me that most my viewers are from Macao side... maybe I should test uploading a cantonese video soon! :D Thank you so much!!! :heart: :heart: Your feedback really matters! :kissing_heart:

OP
OP
zelia

zelia

New User
TubeBuddy User
Personally, have your title in the language you’re speaking in the video. If it‘s cantonese and you have no English subtitles, there’s no point writing them in English.

I’d also be curious what percentage of your country understands English? If english is widely understood, despite not being spoken, I’d do your content in English, have some Cantonese subtitles and have your title “in English Version - Cantonese Version Next To It”

that way you’re not isolating away all the possible English views you might get as well as the cantonese viewers.

mu audience is also 1/3-1/4 portuguese as well, but I think English is widely known and Learned among the world because of how large the American and UK part of youtube is.

i really wish I could understand more languages as I find it hard to keep reading subtitles At a fast rate.
Thank you so much for the reply!! What if I test uploading cantonese and portuguese videos ? Like making it a Niche? Will I attract more subscriptions? I feel like people subscribe me then they unsubscribe me hahahaha, thank you so much for your Feedback! Hearing more feedbacks really help! I recently asked my asian friend she said she would love me doing some cantonese videos... but not alot of people in my area watches youtube... hmm.. maybe I should spread more my videos on my platform? I was just planning to do it once I reach my 100 subs... Hahaha thank youuuuuuuuuu so muchh!!:heart_eyes::kissing_heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

OP
OP
zelia

zelia

New User
TubeBuddy User
Don't mislead the audience. What ever language you plan to speak to is how you should title and describe, if both you may need to make a choice, but English is the broader audience for the united states. I'd say what you think you'd do more naturally should be the language you target.
Thank you so much for the reply!! I see, you are totally right, and I realize something very interesting too, like when I first uploaded my video in Hong Kong i attracted Hong Kong and United states Audience, when I uploaded in Macau, I just got Macau Audiences as it shows on my analytics, but is not true! I have friends watching my video in the states but is not shown on my demographics... so it's very hard to tell what type of subscriptions I got...

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thank you so much for the reply!! I see, you are totally right, and I realize something very interesting too, like when I first uploaded my video in Hong Kong i attracted Hong Kong and United states Audience, when I uploaded in Macau, I just got Macau Audiences as it shows on my analytics, but is not true! I have friends watching my video in the states but is not shown on my demographics... so it's very hard to tell what type of subscriptions I got...
Doesn't matter the subscriptions you have. It matters the subs you want. You'e not trying to convince the people who have subscribed to sub again. You're going for new people don't confuse that :)

ArmandAsher

New User
English is universal. You will have a wider audience. Yes, you will have more competition but you can always identify yourself. Language is just a form of communication. This is not what really makes a channel different. We also attempt to make our social media (fonts for Facebook ) to get more likes and comments.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zelia

zelia

New User
TubeBuddy User
Doesn't matter the subscriptions you have. It matters the subs you want. You'e not trying to convince the people who have subscribed to sub again. You're going for new people don't confuse that :)
Thank you so much! you are right!! :weary_face: :weary_face::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: Thank you so much on your advices!! Well I will have to wait the right subs to come then hehe , thank you!;)

OP
OP
zelia

zelia

New User
TubeBuddy User
English is universal. You will have a wider audience. Yes, you will have more competition but you can always identify yourself. Language is just a form of communication. This is not what really makes a channel different.
Thank you so much for your advices! Yes you are right, verbal communication is just part of it, visuals are more important! :heart: Content is key ;) I will upload more videos to see, what kind of audiences/views of types people find more interesting in. Thank you!!