• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback What Fonts should I use for a thumbnail?

SparkdeCake

Subscriber Goal
So I currently use photoshop to edit some of my thumbnails, although for some reason, I can never find the appropriate font in which to use my thumbnails. Can anyone give me suggestions in what fonts that would be appealing to an audience?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
At the end of the day it’s all personal choice really. You really should only be focusing on clarity of the font, and it’s ability to be used with a wide range of background.

i personally like bold, “serif” fonts, or “condensed” fonts, but there’s so many out there, you really just need to explore a bit. What do other people in your niche use?

it’s hard to go wrong with a solid serif font. Drop shadow also helps fonts stand out too.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
This is a great question I always have too! What are your thoughts @Aaron

At the end of the day it’s all personal choice really. You really should only be focusing on clarity of the font, and it’s ability to be used with a wide range of background.

i personally like bold, “serif” fonts, or “condensed” fonts, but there’s so many out there, you really just need to explore a bit. What do other people in your niche use?

it’s hard to go wrong with a solid serif font. Drop shadow also helps fonts stand out too.
Good to know! Thanks Beanie :D

FitBoyAwe

Whatever is most visible and goes along with the theme and look of your channel. You can never go wrong with TNR, Courier or Arial, but there are plenty of easily readable fonts I make font mirror out there, just search for "free fonts" and you should come up with thousands of possibilities.

Last edited:

brawley

Whatever is generally noticeable and obliges the topic and look of your channel. You can never turn out badly with TNR, Courier or Arial, however there are a lot of effectively discernible text styles I make textual style reflect out there, simply look "with the expectation of complimentary textual styles" and you should concoct great many prospects.

Last edited:

WISECHANNEL

The fonts used are better where you apply them, like when you paint you select the right color in the right place, so a dark font or bold are used where they are most likely to match their surrounding stuff, I may use a bold huge title "Arial Bold" while just under it a small "Times New Roman" subtitle... etc You may use the "Creepster" font for example if it's a horror movie. Or "Press Start 2 p" if it's about electronics and so on...

Anna Mull

When starting a YouTube channel for Homey Path , there are so many different elements which i learn and you also need to consider in order to gain success on the platform. From YouTube channel art, video descriptions, and video titles – there’s no shortage of things to perfect.

There are several characteristics that make up a great YouTube thumbnail font. You want to make sure your thumbnail font style fits the theme of the video. Additionally, the font you pick for your YouTube thumbnail needs to be clear and easy to read from afar.

You can use Snappa to access this library of YouTube fonts for free and create great thumbnails with pre-designed templates! Here are some of the most popular YouTube thumbnail fonts!

nasirhussain

Great knowledge sharing from everyone. I was curious about which font should I use in a pdf book's website. I am looking for Open sans family fonts. Is it responsive font for ebook website or not?