Need Advice Professional channel review?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Has anyone ever paid to have a professional channel review? Did it help/hurt? What ways did the process help you grow. What ways did the process hurt your growth.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Has anyone ever paid to have a professional channel review? Did it help/hurt? What ways did the process help you grow. What ways did the process hurt your growth.
I've given them. I've seen people who DO what is recommended grow a lot! It's dependent on channel, person, and end goals of the channel!

Beanie Draws

I’ve paid for quite a few over my time. Always something new to learn. I personally think you’re best waiting until you have a good 30-50 videos on your channel and it can help to shape you in the next stage of your channel building.

i have seen more in-depth reviews on offer by some folks, I.e $100-$300 deep dives where someone will go through your channel for an hour or so, generally those kind of reviews need back end access. I believe Roberto Blake has done this in the past.

Beanie Draws

Yeah, I have almost 700 videos.

Let me ask, what do you mean by back end success?
You want to be careful who you give such access too, but if you can’t give Management access, which is apparently the differance between a personal account and a business/brand account, then you need to give your password to the person giving the review so they can access the “back end data” like your analytics and all that. I mean, you don’t HAVE to do that, you can just screenshare your back end analytics so they can still review it, without needing to actually get access themselves. It’s just something to be mindful of.

Beanie Draws

Basically it goes beyond the face level review. Goes beyond tags titles, header and thumbs etc, it goes into looking at your watchtime analytics and seeing what you’re doing in each video to cause drop offs and such. A deeper level that most can’t see from the viewers end

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Basically it goes beyond the face level review. Goes beyond tags titles, header and thumbs etc, it goes into looking at your watchtime analytics and seeing what you’re doing in each video to cause drop offs and such. A deeper level that most can’t see from the viewers end
Pretty much this! We offer this at TubeBuddy! Damon since you're such an active member if you'd like one, let me see what I can do!

OP
OP
Damon

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Oh, @Andrew, yes, I'd like a review. I'm at the five year mark and have been considering some help for the next five years. I've done about the best I can do with my channel. Part of me want to get into teaching other outdoors YouTubers

While I love making the fishing content, honestly, people who want to be entertained often don't want to buy anything. However I notice with other outdoors YouTube channels, whenever I ask a question on Twitter or post a video about building an outdoors YouTube channel, there really seems to be a point of pain in terms of the difficulties of travel expenses, planning, editing, time limitations and other things. Even if it's just putting a class together on Teachable, I think there really is a market there because no one is answering the needs, hurts and wants of that of that marketspace.

Maybe that should be a totally different channel. Maybe it could be a totally different "show" As I tend to approach my content much like movies or T.V. shows. Mainly looking for some proven outside help to navigate this next five year phase of what I'm doing.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Oh, @Andrew, yes, I'd like a review. I'm at the five year mark and have been considering some help for the next five years. I've done about the best I can do with my channel. Part of me want to get into teaching other outdoors YouTubers

While I love making the fishing content, honestly, people who want to be entertained often don't want to buy anything. However I notice with other outdoors YouTube channels, whenever I ask a question on Twitter or post a video about building an outdoors YouTube channel, there really seems to be a point of pain in terms of the difficulties of travel expenses, planning, editing, time limitations and other things. Even if it's just putting a class together on Teachable, I think there really is a market there because no one is answering the needs, hurts and wants of that of that marketspace.

Maybe that should be a totally different channel. Maybe it could be a totally different "show" As I tend to approach my content much like movies or T.V. shows. Mainly looking for some proven outside help to navigate this next five year phase of what I'm doing.
I'd start a new channel for that personally. I think you have identified something :)