Channel Review Im now on video 21 and would like your honest feedback

EmzChad

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
www.reallysimplerecipes.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
User name: EmzChad
Title of thread: Im now on video 21 and would like your honest feedback
Self review: Looking back on my videos I can see that they have improved greatly. I still have a little echo on my audio but it is something im working to fix. I also think I need to focus on different angles of filming, maybe include some B role.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChL2nbajb09Rd0RuD70iTEA?
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/23371/

Last edited:

Tera Mangala Music

New User
TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Hello, nice videos.You should add closed captions and subtitles in French (and others language). Here in france a lot of people don't speak english but watch english contents when there is subtitles in french. The automated translation of Google translate is pretty good now!

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, different angles, "b-roll" as they call it. B-roll come from the old film days where if you lost footage from one roll of film, you could take the needed footage form the b-roll or the b-camera. Today it just mean extra footage. Or actually the b-card slot, but that means nothing to the point at hand.

Just get on one of these food T.V. networks like: https://www.foodnetwork.com/, and watch what they do, how they film, how they craft everything. Watch analytically. Note the different types of shows: is it a master chef type show; is it a competition show; is it a travel and culture show that concentrates on food, is it a teaching type show?

All these become options. The point is you are not limited to your kitchen or any one type of video or any one way of shooting. Make notes about what types of shows you are drawn to, which ones you like or dislike, make notes of thing like b-role or the number of camera angles you see and the type of video made.

From there you can start planning long term for your channel. For me I was just doing tutorial videos on fishing and mud motor building. Then I saw Orvis make a short documentary film when the CEO took his son on a fly fishing adventure to Cuban. That lit a spark in me that I could genuinely transform my fishing videos into true documentary adventure films.

You might eventually do something similar. My point is dream, and dream big.

OP
OP
EmzChad

EmzChad

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello, nice videos.You should add closed captions and subtitles in French (and others language). Here in france a lot of people don't speak english but watch english contents when there is subtitles in french. The automated translation of Google translate is pretty good now!
Thank you, im glad you enjoyed my videos. I will take a look into sub titles.

OP
OP
EmzChad

EmzChad

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, different angles, "b-roll" as they call it. B-roll come from the old film days where if you lost footage from one roll of film, you could take the needed footage form the b-roll or the b-camera. Today it just mean extra footage. Or actually the b-card slot, but that means nothing to the point at hand.

Just get on one of these food T.V. networks like: https://www.foodnetwork.com/, and watch what they do, how they film, how they craft everything. Watch analytically. Note the different types of shows: is it a master chef type show; is it a competition show; is it a travel and culture show that concentrates on food, is it a teaching type show?

All these become options. The point is you are not limited to your kitchen or any one type of video or any one way of shooting. Make notes about what types of shows you are drawn to, which ones you like or dislike, make notes of thing like b-role or the number of camera angles you see and the type of video made.

From there you can start planning long term for your channel. For me I was just doing tutorial videos on fishing and mud motor building. Then I saw Orvis make a short documentary film when the CEO took his son on a fly fishing adventure to Cuban. That lit a spark in me that I could genuinely transform my fishing videos into true documentary adventure films.

You might eventually do something similar. My point is dream, and dream big.
That's a great idea, thank you. I am starting to think about coming out of my comfort zone and doing some V-blogs at food festivals etc.. But this kind of environment I tend to feel like everyone is watching me and I get a little embarrassed. But as you say Dream Big! and I want to make this work. For once I feel like I'm doing something I love and I want people to see that in my videos.

Beanie Draws

you have lovely imagery and a really happy inviting vibe that kinda gets ruined by typography that doesn’t need to be there. Your banner is great, maybe you could add how often you post, but the Imagery and font itself is perfect. But for your thumbs, you tend to place text over what is really, Really fantastic imagery. Your thumbs dont need text. Let the photo speak for itself, let your friendly smile offering up food be what wins the click. The title of the video does enough to say what’s in the video, your lovely smile and your great food photography will do the rest. I’d actually say the text on your thumbnails take away a lot of the appeal. I’ve jotted down some of the best thumbs, and what you can do to “fix” them up a bit. But you‘re on a clear path to success :D great work!

4FA7BE5D-8434-4B8D-B812-F3D1B81E84DC.jpeg

OP
OP
EmzChad

EmzChad

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
you have lovely imagery and a really happy inviting vibe that kinda gets ruined by typography that doesn’t need to be there. Your banner is great, maybe you could add how often you post, but the Imagery and font itself is perfect. But for your thumbs, you tend to place text over what is really, Really fantastic imagery. Your thumbs dont need text. Let the photo speak for itself, let your friendly smile offering up food be what wins the click. The title of the video does enough to say what’s in the video, your lovely smile and your great food photography will do the rest. I’d actually say the text on your thumbnails take away a lot of the appeal. I’ve jotted down some of the best thumbs, and what you can do to “fix” them up a bit. But you‘re on a clear path to success :D great work!

View attachment 3532
Beanie this is amazing. Thank you so much, you are a star. I know what I'm going to be doing today :kissing_heart:

OP
OP
EmzChad

EmzChad

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

View attachment 3532
Hi Beanie, I've made all the changes you have suggested. There is 2 I've been unable to change, it isn't until recently that I became super organised and backed up my footage. It does look a lot better. Thank you again.

RonZena

New User
TubeBuddy User
Hello Emz! For starters, I would like to express that I am a SUCKER for a god cooking tutorial! I think your channel has a lot of potential to grow based on your content and the idea behind providing a recipe but making it simple and cost effective for the general public. I loved the variation of recipes and the video length. I think that recipe videos at times could be tricky when you get too complex in what you're making and the video gets so long that you don't want to watch it in it's entirety, however, you do a great job of getting straight to the recipe! I would recommend coming up with a crisper thumbnails. Right now, your thumbnails are laid our well but they blend into the background. Additionally, I would come up with creative titles! Think outside of the box on this. You may have the best "Peanut Butter Milk" recipe but how am I to know if I am scrolling through YouTube? Overall, great channel! I hope this review helped :)

OP
OP
EmzChad

EmzChad

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello Emz! For starters, I would like to express that I am a SUCKER for a god cooking tutorial! I think your channel has a lot of potential to grow based on your content and the idea behind providing a recipe but making it simple and cost effective for the general public. I loved the variation of recipes and the video length. I think that recipe videos at times could be tricky when you get too complex in what you're making and the video gets so long that you don't want to watch it in it's entirety, however, you do a great job of getting straight to the recipe! I would recommend coming up with a crisper thumbnails. Right now, your thumbnails are laid our well but they blend into the background. Additionally, I would come up with creative titles! Think outside of the box on this. You may have the best "Peanut Butter Milk" recipe but how am I to know if I am scrolling through YouTube? Overall, great channel! I hope this review helped :)
This helps a lot thank you. I will definitely take it all on board. I especially like your suggestion to think outside of the box with regards to the titles.