• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion In Best Practices, verify the number of #hashtags used

Tera Mangala Music

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Hello, it would be great that in "Best practice", it automaticly checks if we don't have used more than 15 #hashtags in title and description, because it is the maximum if think.
Thank you.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello, it would be great that in "Best practice", it automaticly checks if we don't have used more than 15 #hashtags in title and description, because it is the maximum if think.
Thank you.

You shouldn't be using hashtags there...? The title and description should be using normal tags. They are two different things, so I guess I'm a bit confused :)

OP
OP
Tera Mangala Music

Tera Mangala Music

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for your reply,

In Youtube Academy they say :
"
You can use related hashtags (#) in video descriptions to help viewers find your video when they search for a specific hashtag.
When you upload a video, you can enter hashtags (#hashtag #example) in your videoΓÇÖs title or description. Hashtags in the video description are links that users can click on to go to that hashtag's search results page to see more videos on that subject.
  • Add hashtags in key parts of your description to help viewers find your video.
  • Ensure that you only use hashtags related to your video. For example, if you upload a review of a specific movie do not add hashtags related to different or unrelated popular movies, actors or unrelated topics to falsely increase views.
  • A little goes a long way -- try not saturate your description section with hashtags. YouTube will ignore all hashtags on a video if it has more than 15 hashtags.
  • Hashtags are especially great to use with trending content, such as upcoming events or people in the news. This ensures that viewers looking for videos about the trending topic will find a variety of relevant content.
These strategies are suggestions pulled from our experience with YouTube creators and are not promises or guarantees for success.

"
So i understand we can use #hashtags in title and description?

(Sorry English is not my native language, so perhaps i didn't understand what you replied to me) :p

OP
OP
Tera Mangala Music

Tera Mangala Music

TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
No one agree or disagree? Let me say what you think about, it's certainly something i didn't undestand (yet)!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Sorry I'm traveling. I should say YT uses the first 200 characters of your description to help ranking.

I'd place them at the end so they're still pulled while not taking away from what YT needs!