YouTube Question Starting from scratch

TommyS

New User
Hi everyone, i was looking to get started on youtube, but don't know where to get started. Video editing part is covered, music and so on, but the content alone. The niche would be motivation, inspiration, so there are a lot of materials out there, just don't know where or how to get them. How do i get the licenses for these audio tracks ?

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Can you elaborate on this? So your niche is going to be motivation/inspiration videos? What do you mean licenses for the audio tracks?

OP
OP
T

TommyS

New User
Well, this niche (videos) is full of people who have achieved something "big" and are a true inspiration, sometimes just to hear the voice alone makes you get up and do the thing you want to do, if you know what i mean. So i would like to make my own videos, footage, music, images but to do so i would need audio tracks of "those" people, speeches. Someone like Less Brown, Jihm Rohn etc....

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, honesty I would stay away from copyrighted content. If you simply want to use a sentence here or there as a quotation, fine, but it doesn't have to be audio. Just get their books and when something hits you, just use that one sentence in your videos.

Also niche down to a specific audience. Is your motivational content for people suffering with depression or young athletes aspiring to make it big? Think of the niche as the people you want to serve. Identify with the things they struggle with.

OP
OP
T

TommyS

New User
I see your point, the best way to do so is to find compassion with my audience and that is the best way to growing quality over quantity, but in that case i would have to do or use my own voice. Right now i'm still searching how to start, but the initial question was where to find materials to do these videos that i want to do?

Copyrighted content is available, i'ts all over youtube and milions have found success with it by adding there own touch to it. Making compilations for that sort of content is a good way to start. That's my opinion so far.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Copyrighted content is available, i'ts all over youtube and millions have found success with it by adding there own touch to it. Making compilations for that sort of content is a good way to start. That's my opinion so far.
Until you get shut down. You can go ahead and start, but be ready for the worst. I'd much rather have completely original content, and I want to know if that content can stand on its own not leeching off other people's work. That's the only way to know if you truly have something worth anything. It's the long, slow road, but it's the only road that tells you that you have something good.

Just because everyone else is camping on railroad tracks or parking in the middle of an active runway doesn't mean I'm going to.

If sounds as if you've already decided. Go ahead and give it a try. But don't be surprised or complain if you get shut down.

Last edited:

Michael Wallace

New User
Subscriber Goal
I am glad to see a new YouTuber coming to the platform and I hope it works out for you. What I do as far as music is I have used friends beats and their music in my songs. Another good way is just to go on youtube and search up non copyrighted music and make sure you look in the description and to see if the song says free download if not just simply look for another song on youtube until it does say yes free download.

OP
OP
T

TommyS

New User
Until you get shut down. You can go ahead and start, but be ready for the worst. I'd much rather have completely original content, and I want to know if that content can stand on its own not leeching off other people's work. That's the only way to know if you truly have something worth anything. It's the long, slow road, but it's the only road that tells you that you have something good.

Just because everyone else is camping on railroad tracks or parking in the middle of an active runway doesn't mean I'm going to.

If sounds as if you've already decided. Go ahead and give it a try. But don't be surprised or complain if you get shut down.
I haven't decided yet. I think you got me wrong at the whole Copyrighted content , i didn't mean to take it like copy all and just apply on my video. When i say Copyright, by that i mean to ask for permission from the owner or to buy mybe. I rly don't know how do these things work, not in detail at least.

Beanie Draws

Youtube audio library contains a lot of free, royalty free music that won’t get you into trouble,

no one will watch your videos if your title isn’t enticing, so learn about effective video titling.

and I strongly recommend you learn the very basics of graphic design (heiracy, balance. Composition, use of negetive space, understanding contrast, colour theory I.e what colours work well together, what colours won’t compete with each other for attention etc)

I personally think basic graphic design knowledge is almost more important than the video and seo itself.

seo, tags, title etc will get you searched, but if your thumbnail looks busy and amature, people aren’t going to click, and it takes a long time to learn if your not naturally artically minded, so start learning those skills early and practice that as much as you practice your video editing.