• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What camera do you use for your videos?

BMGamingYT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If I need close up video IΓÇÖll use my T7 with the 75-300 lens or if I am vlogging I always go to my Hero8

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
My sister also had a channel but she doesn't post as much anymore because of college and other stuff so she gave me her camera that she used. The camera is a Sony Handycam. Not really anything super fancy or super expensive but it does okay. I wouldn't mind an upgrade sometime soon though cause the camera has been in use by either me or my sister since 2013.

Reactions: Damon

zeista

i just using my mobile phone
Redmi Note 8 Pro,
and also , xiaomi yi action cam, for alternative angle (rarely used)

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I use a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6k and shoot in Blackmagic RAW. I have a 15+ year collection of Canon EF lenses so this allowed me to get value out of the lens collection.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Oh to be good at photography!

We (Hubby & I) are slowly getting better, but it is slow progress :(. We mainly use Sony A6400 with Sigma 16mm 1.4. For my teaching videos I mainly need a wide angle (space for text), with close up for lip/tongue movements and good bokeh effect. So this set up serves us well. I just think we could get more out of it. I guess that will come with time/experimentation.

Occasionally we use a Huawei P20 Pro which produces good results.

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I just upgraded this summer from the Lumix DMC-LX100 to a Sony A6400. I primarily use the Sigma 16mm/1.4 lens but I do have the Sony 16mm - 55mm kit lens and also their 35mm OSS lens. I find myself using the Sigma most though due to the wide angle aspect which suits my needs the best for my confined filming space, and since I'm on a tri-pod I don't need OSS much. Having said that I do want to get a gimbal, slider, etc some day. I'm very happy with the A6400, but I think I might have went with the 6600 for the IBIS had it not been so much more at the time.

I really do enjoy having my first removable lens camera.

Reactions: chupadoodles

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I just upgraded this summer from the Lumix DMC-LX100 to a Sony A6400. I primarily use the Sigma 16mm/1.4 lens but I do have the Sony 16mm - 55mm kit lens and also their 35mm OSS lens. I find myself using the Sigma most though due to the wide angle aspect which suits my needs the best for my confined filming space, and since I'm on a tri-pod I don't need OSS much. Having said that I do want to get a gimbal, slider, etc some day. I'm very happy with the A6400, but I think I might have went with the 6600 for the IBIS had it not been so much more at the time.

I really do enjoy having my first removable lens camera.
My thoughts exactly re the 6600, it would have been great, but cost/benefit was not there for me

Etypical

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I started out using my old(ish) iPhone, but I've recently upgraded to a Canon EOS 800D! I'm loving it so far, it's interesting and fun to use and I feel like it's really improved the quality of my videos. I've still got lots to learn, but I definitely prefer using a dedicated camera.

Kaos71

I use a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6k and shoot in Blackmagic RAW. I have a 15+ year collection of Canon EF lenses so this allowed me to get value out of the lens collection.
I have the Blackmagic 6K as well but have not set it up yet. I went and bought a rig from Kondor Blue and it has just been a little intimidating setting it up since I don't really have a bag for it at this point (I have several PortaBrace bags that have various cameras and set ups).

I am looking forward to getting to finally use it once things open up a little bit more and I get back to some sort of normalcy when it comes to some of my sports shoots but I fear that things really won't be normal for me until Q2 2021. Really was the worst damn time to upgrade to a new camera.

And I came over from Nikon, had to dump a lot of equipment to move over to Canon... so I am sure you have a lot more glass than I do.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
I have the Blackmagic 6K as well but have not set it up yet. I went and bought a rig from Kondor Blue and it has just been a little intimidating setting it up since I don't really have a bag for it at this point (I have several PortaBrace bags that have various cameras and set ups).

I am looking forward to getting to finally use it once things open up a little bit more and I get back to some sort of normalcy when it comes to some of my sports shoots but I fear that things really won't be normal for me until Q2 2021. Really was the worst damn time to upgrade to a new camera.

And I came over from Nikon, had to dump a lot of equipment to move over to Canon... so I am sure you have a lot more glass than I do.
It is a real pleasure to use. Don't know if you edit in Davinci Resolve or not, but the Blackmagic RAW workflow is amazing.

Kaos71

It is a real pleasure to use. Don't know if you edit in Davinci Resolve or not, but the Blackmagic RAW workflow is amazing.
I actually was taking the classes on LinkedIn Learning before my life turned upside down with some major staff attrition under me and it forced me to pretty much stop everything that I was doing outside of my daily duties and focus on not only getting their work done but looking for replacements. My goal is to start over and get proficient on it over the next couple of months... still using Premiere which I have few complaints about but once I finally go over to Blackmagic, I want to be using Resolve and then whatever I shoot on my Sony PXW-X70 (and whatever I may replace it with at some point) will just work over there.. plus Sony kind of pisses me off with their files being dumb and having to rewrap them to use them.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
I actually was taking the classes on LinkedIn Learning before my life turned upside down with some major staff attrition under me and it forced me to pretty much stop everything that I was doing outside of my daily duties and focus on not only getting their work done but looking for replacements. My goal is to start over and get proficient on it over the next couple of months... still using Premiere which I have few complaints about but once I finally go over to Blackmagic, I want to be using Resolve and then whatever I shoot on my Sony PXW-X70 (and whatever I may replace it with at some point) will just work over there.. plus Sony kind of pisses me off with their files being dumb and having to rewrap them to use them.
Ah, cool. The Davinci training on the blackmagic web site is quite good as well. Comes with the project stubs so you can work through with the training.