• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What camera do you use for your videos?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm working with a GH4 now. Hate it!

I do run an Atomos Ninja 2 to record in ProReZ HQ for better color grading via 10-bit, 4:2:2 color depth and subsampling. I use old Canon FD lenses because I want the old school look.

If I had a bunch of cash, I'd probably buy a Panasonic EVA-1 and an S1H as an A/B camera setup. Probably going to buy the V-log L upgrade for my GH4 to get closer to the Varicams colors since I already use the Varicam's LUTs for grading.

I'm generally pleased with the footage, but it's mostly because of bypassing most everything in the GH4. Audio I use a preamp. Colors I shoot flat and grade in post. Basically have it rigged like a cinema camera, but I don't get the cinematic images, lol!

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I am on the go and most of my filming is spur of the moment... so I use what I have with me - my phone. I was using a Samsung J5, but now on a Huawei Nova 3i. Most views on YT are on a phone, so no sense in going overboard with the filming. :)

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I donΓÇÖt really record facecam, but even when I do I still use a Logitech c920. Records direct to the computer and keeps out of the way of my drawing.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Oh, I'm running the E2C by Z-cam now. Sold my GH4. I'd love to have the Super 35 for an A-cam and the E2C M43 as a b-cam, but for now I just have the M43 version.

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I'm working with a GH4 now. Hate it!

I do run an Atomos Ninja 2 to record in ProReZ HQ for better color grading via 10-bit, 4:2:2 color depth and subsampling. I use old Canon FD lenses because I want the old school look.

If I had a bunch of cash, I'd probably buy a Panasonic EVA-1 and an S1H as an A/B camera setup. Probably going to buy the V-log L upgrade for my GH4 to get closer to the Varicams colors since I already use the Varicam's LUTs for grading.

I'm generally pleased with the footage, but it's mostly because of bypassing most everything in the GH4. Audio I use a preamp. Colors I shoot flat and grade in post. Basically have it rigged like a cinema camera, but I don't get the cinematic images, lol!
Yup the S1H is a very solid Panny option. The GH4 was good in its time (actually pretty good!).

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
For YouTube, I shoot mostly on the Sony a7iii. I also have a C100 but that one is mostly for client and wedding work. :)

• Love

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
The reason I upgrade is for more dynamic range and to shoo B roll in 120fps
Ha ha .I wanna upgrade for that same reason. I bought this camera when I started my photography journey and now that I've improved I feel soo limited .I can't shoot any higher thang 60fps to get those juicy grills lol

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
Well... I shoot with my videos with a nikon D5500. Plus features for me right now are the swivel screen and Wi-Fi capabilities lol. But I wanna sell both my Nikon d5500 And canon 5D mark2 to upgrade and get something with more dynamic range since I shoot photographs occasionally and want high-speed sync, shoot at higher frame rates and other fancy features lol

Da_Blackapino

a Guy Who Lives in Alaska and Has a Love for Tech
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well at First I had the Lumix G7 and NOW I have the G85, my G7 is just a B-Roll Camera Now. I just did a unboxing of my Camera(both of them). I LOVE the Panasonic Brand.

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

White Bread

TubeBuddy Pro
We use a Nikon 3300D DSLR, a GoPro 6, and an iPhone. They all feel different for different scenes and textures.