TubeBuddy Why Is This Keyword Coming Up With Excellent Search Volume, But Minimal Views?

maniamsmart

New User
Hi!

Wondering why "parent support" is coming up with Excellent Search Volume, but top-ranking videos have low view counts. If a search term has a high search volume, I expect top-ranking videos to have more than a few hundred views. Sure, if they are newer videos they may be near the top, but these videos I am seeing here are 1-6 years old. Something doesn't quite make sense, or the way I'm understanding the rating system doesn't make sense. See the screenshot attached below for more details.

I tend to optimize videos around keywords with lots of search volume and low competition. Other times when I get a keyword with these type of stats, videos at the top have thousands and sometimes millions of views. What's the difference here?

Thanks.

Keyword Sample.png

OP
OP
M

maniamsmart

New User
Does no one have any ideas? Am I at least right in thinking that this is a bit strange? Just looking to see if I'm crazy or not, haha!

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi!

Wondering why "parent support" is coming up with Excellent Search Volume, but top-ranking videos have low view counts. If a search term has a high search volume, I expect top-ranking videos to have more than a few hundred views. Sure, if they are newer videos they may be near the top, but these videos I am seeing here are 1-6 years old. Something doesn't quite make sense, or the way I'm understanding the rating system doesn't make sense. See the screenshot attached below for more details.

I tend to optimize videos around keywords with lots of search volume and low competition. Other times when I get a keyword with these type of stats, videos at the top have thousands and sometimes millions of views. What's the difference here?

Thanks.

View attachment 3423
It could be while there is a lot of people caring about this, there are not a lot of videos serving this SPECIFIC search phrase. Also the videos are older, so people could also just be searching for another term instead, when they see older videos.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Good point. Sometimes your audience has moved on to a different wording, That's where you have to learn your audience well and understand what they're looking for. Think of alternate versions of the basic topic to see if you can find them.