• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Work In Progress Amazing Feature Request Idea

youtubeblastoff

I really like the Social Monitor tool in TubeBuddy. I have been able to find some people who shared my YouTube videos on Twitter but did not tag me in the tweets. What I don't like is that I have to search the Social Monitor one video at a time. It would be awesome if there was a bulk Social Monitor search function. Where with one click someone I could see all the shares of all my content. It's too difficult to keep up on the way it currently is searching one video at a time. I already have free TubeBuddy so if you use my idea, how about a shout-out? Thank you.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I really like the Social Monitor tool in TubeBuddy. I have been able to find some people who shared my YouTube videos on Twitter but did not tag me in the tweets. What I don't like is that I have to search the Social Monitor one video at a time. It would be awesome if there was a bulk Social Monitor search function. Where with one click someone I could see all the shares of all my content. It's too difficult to keep up on the way it currently is searching one video at a time. I already have free TubeBuddy so if you use my idea, how about a shout-out? Thank you.

First, We don't do shout outs if a feature is selected:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHh5uDVhfvU
this video explains what would happen :)

Second: I don't think it's impossible, but I'd have to ask the @TubeBuddy Staff about it since social monitoring one at a time is EASY, but there are A LOT of variables for multiple videos, so I'd have to ask. Also I'd say this would need a lot of support from the community too :)

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy User
Well... funny thing is that we actually did build this feature, we just never launched it. We got about 90% done but for various reasons, never deployed it. The idea is that we add a little Twitter icon up in the YouTube header and it lets you know if there are notifications of people Tweeting about your videos. The main problem is that Twitter changed how their Search API works and now, we can only search by Title, not URL of your video. So you might end up getting a bunch of results that have nothing to do with you. At this point, we're waiting for Twitter to update how their Search Works via API because if we don't, I think it will just cause a lot of confusion for people. But we did have exactly what you're looking for plan to be built.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Well... funny thing is that we actually did build this feature, we just never launched it. We got about 90% done but for various reasons, never deployed it. The idea is that we add a little Twitter icon up in the YouTube header and it lets you know if there are notifications of people Tweeting about your videos. The main problem is that Twitter changed how their Search API works and now, we can only search by Title, not URL of your video. So you might end up getting a bunch of results that have nothing to do with you. At this point, we're waiting for Twitter to update how their Search Works via API because if we don't, I think it will just cause a lot of confusion for people. But we did have exactly what you're looking for plan to be built.

Changed to WIP, and here's hoping the update it!

Reactions: youtubeblastoff