• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Completed Add Subscriber Count Next to Account Names Everywhere

786X

ΓÇöΓÇöΓÇöΓÇöΓÇöSHORT VERSIONΓÇöΓÇöΓÇöΓÇöΓÇö
First off, I want to say that I absolutely love your product.

ItΓÇÖs clean, fast, and does what itΓÇÖs supposed to doΓÇöevery time. Unlike The-Competitor-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, your company supports various platforms besides Google Chrome, doesnΓÇÖt ask for ridiculous YouTube access permissions, and even has a mobile app. Not only that, AndrewΓÇÖs videos on the TubeBuddy channel are awesomeΓÇölove that guy. Throw in the affordable pricing and youΓÇÖre heckinΓÇÖ perfect. Almost.

The-Competitor-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named is nowhere near TubeBuddyΓÇÖs level in the grand scheme of things but it does have one edge on us. Features. Specifically extra informative features. One feature in particular is something I cannot wait for TubeBuddy to implementΓÇösubscriber count next to account names site-wide. The-Competitor-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named already has this, every time a YouTube account name is shown, whether it is in YouTube Search, or on a specific videoΓÇÖs comment section, it has the subscriber count prominently listed.

Here are two examples images:

1) View: https://i.imgur.com/fyg7rga.jpg

2) View: https://i.imgur.com/ubmI32P.jpg

TubeBuddy already has this feature but only in a specific Comment area (donΓÇÖt know what itΓÇÖs called) of our channels.

Here is an example of that: View: https://i.imgur.com/bCHP2vv.jpg

IΓÇÖm assuming (?) that it wonΓÇÖt be too difficult to implement this site-wide like The-Competitor-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named? I even love the TubeBuddy design with the black status bars and text. This is honestly something I will gladly fork over $ for in a heartbeat, like no jokeΓÇöPro upgrade, here I come the second I see this added.

ΓÇöΓÇöΓÇöΓÇöΓÇöLONGER VERSIONΓÇöΓÇöΓÇöΓÇöΓÇö
Now you may be wonderingΓÇö786X, why does this feature matter so much? Well, IΓÇÖll tell you. See, the sub count next to usernames is an invaluable feature used to gauge which channels are ΓÇ£betterΓÇ¥ to check out. See, back in the good olΓÇÖ days of YouTube, it was near impossible to differentiate a channel ownerΓÇÖs comments from an imposter on their own video unless you manually clicked to check the channel account. Nowadays, YouTube gives channel ownerΓÇÖs a check mark when they post a comment on their own videos. Problem solved, right?! Not quite.

What if weΓÇÖre trying to check if the comment was made by another (not channel owner) prominent YouTuber? See, I, and IΓÇÖm sure others, read YouTube comments quite a bit while watching a video. And we often run into comments by other prominent YouTubers that make us go ΓÇ£Huh, what is s/he doing on this part of the ΓÇÿtube?ΓÇ¥ only to realize itΓÇÖs an imposter. Sub count next to individual comments would make that issue go awayΓÇöno imposter can feasibility have the exact sub count as the account theyΓÇÖre masquerading as. Another reason why this feature may be useful is to find up and coming channels. Say youΓÇÖre watching a music video and a comment says ΓÇ£Hey, this is such a great song! Reminds me of my new album that I released last week. Mind checking it out?ΓÇ¥ΓÇömost of the time I just shake my head and move on. But with the sub count feature, we will be able to see at a glance how large of an audience that user already has. Say he has 5K subs already... realistically I would go ΓÇ£Hmm, if he just started and heΓÇÖs already gaining traction, maybe there is something special going on there. IΓÇÖm gonna check him out.ΓÇ¥ You get the idea.

Sorry for the novel by the way, I write like I speakΓÇöexpressive but completely disorganized. :D

Attachments

• 5498ED14-2488-43EB-A575-1E595024E857.jpeg
    5498ED14-2488-43EB-A575-1E595024E857.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 285
  • AEC9E241-5952-4BF5-AEC9-FAADDF5738D3.jpeg
    AEC9E241-5952-4BF5-AEC9-FAADDF5738D3.jpeg
    533.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 096022A1-42D0-4116-9978-E0133835B868.jpeg
    096022A1-42D0-4116-9978-E0133835B868.jpeg
    677.3 KB · Views: 294

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I like the idea. I mean, if milestone certificate templates can be ΓÇ£borrowedΓÇ¥ iΓÇÖm Sure certain features like this could be ΓÇ£borrowedΓÇ¥ as well :)

I find it a great way of knowing if some commenters are genuine or trolls when they give negative feedback. IΓÇÖm more likely to consider criticism and ΓÇ£hateΓÇ¥ from someone who has a few hundred subscribers over someone who has 1 or 2.

youtubeblastoff

I like this idea also. I agree it is one area where TubeBuddy is behind the competition. Especially when doing keyword research from right within YouTube, it would be nice to easily see how many Subscribers my competition for that keyword phrase has.

Reactions: 786X
OP
OP

786X

Sounds like a good feature. Can't wait to see what the others have to say about this.

Thanks for the feedback BraveStarrTG!

I like the idea. I mean, if milestone certificate templates can be ΓÇ£borrowedΓÇ¥ iΓÇÖm Sure certain features like this could be ΓÇ£borrowedΓÇ¥ as well :)

I find it a great way of knowing if some commenters are genuine or trolls when they give negative feedback. IΓÇÖm more likely to consider criticism and ΓÇ£hateΓÇ¥ from someone who has a few hundred subscribers over someone who has 1 or 2.

Ooh, I hadnΓÇÖt thought of it from a content creatorΓÇÖs perspective. YouΓÇÖre absolutely rightΓÇöfeedback from a larger sub count user should generally hold more merit simply because theyΓÇÖre probably doing something right on their own channel.

Your way of using this feature would be a great asset to content creators. Nice one!

I like this idea also. I agree it is one area where TubeBuddy is behind the competition. Especially when doing keyword research from right within YouTube, it would be nice to easily see how many Subscribers my competition for that keyword phrase has.

Definitely! Knowing your competition in searches is extremely important. As of right now, YT doesnΓÇÖt let you know the sub count unless youΓÇÖre on a video or on the channel itself. This would solve that problem.

Thank you for this commentΓÇögreat idea!

OP
OP

786X

My main thing with YT abbreviating sub counts how will this play? We also do have it in some places, but I'd say adding it to others make sense. I'll wait for more community voting :D

YouΓÇÖre absolutely right Andrew.

It is unfortunate the direction YT is taking with the sub-count changes. But itΓÇÖs a change that we all must adapt to. I guess what IΓÇÖm trying to say is some information is better than no information at all.

I would much rather see an abbreviated sub-count next to a username than not see one at all and have 0 idea who a person is or their traction level.

And to be completely honest, IΓÇÖm not interested in the free upgrade to my account if this feature is developed. Rather, I will gladly pay for a feature like thisΓÇöit will be immensely useful for YT users and content creators alike.

Hoping it isnΓÇÖt too difficult to implement site-wide seeing as it already exists in a smaller section of the site.

All I ask is that it is also implemented in the Firefox browser extension as I refuse to use Chrome. :D ItΓÇÖs part of why IΓÇÖm using TubeBuddy to begin with.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
All I ask is that it is also implemented in the Firefox browser extension as I refuse to use Chrome. :D ItΓÇÖs part of why IΓÇÖm using TubeBuddy to begin with.

This much I can say would be! We seem to have a lot of support here :) I'll send this forward!

OP
OP

786X

Auyy this is a great idea man i love it!! dunno why we dont have it already tbh.

Same! But hopefully it gets added soon.

Thanks you dear for suggestion, is good.. love from HK

YouΓÇÖre welcome! Sorry but what is HK?

Wow. I wish I had thought of this. Good on you for this one mate. Upvoted.

Regards,
Roger

Thank you for the support, brotha!

dope idea man, dats some next level stuff my g.... would luv this

You and me both, man. Glad you like the suggestion.

OP
OP

786X

This much I can say would be! We seem to have a lot of support here :) I'll send this forward!

Thanks Andrew! IΓÇÖm actually surprised by the amount of attention this got. Guess IΓÇÖm not the only one who finds this useful.

Sending it forward means itΓÇÖs making its way into production?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks Andrew! IΓÇÖm actually surprised by the amount of attention this got. Guess IΓÇÖm not the only one who finds this useful.

Sending it forward means itΓÇÖs making its way into production?

Means they will look at it, and reply to make sure they know 100% what you want and let you know any issues that might come up, and will be moved up the chain of requests :D

Danny C

Great suggestion. I would love to see this. I currently use the "other" plugin for this feature. Liked