TubeBuddy Suggestion Add Subscriber Count Next to Account Names Everywhere

786X

New User
—————SHORT VERSION—————
First off, I want to say that I absolutely love your product.

It’s clean, fast, and does what it’s supposed to do—every time. Unlike The-Competitor-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named, your company supports various platforms besides Google Chrome, doesn’t ask for ridiculous YouTube access permissions, and even has a mobile app. Not only that, Andrew’s videos on the TubeBuddy channel are awesome—love that guy. Throw in the affordable pricing and you’re heckin’ perfect. Almost.

The-Competitor-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named is nowhere near TubeBuddy’s level in the grand scheme of things but it does have one edge on us. Features. Specifically extra informative features. One feature in particular is something I cannot wait for TubeBuddy to implement—subscriber count next to account names site-wide. The-Competitor-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named already has this, every time a YouTube account name is shown, whether it is in YouTube Search, or on a specific video’s comment section, it has the subscriber count prominently listed.

Here are two examples images:

1) View: https://i.imgur.com/fyg7rga.jpg

2) View: https://i.imgur.com/ubmI32P.jpg

TubeBuddy already has this feature but only in a specific Comment area (don’t know what it’s called) of our channels.

Here is an example of that: View: https://i.imgur.com/bCHP2vv.jpg

I’m assuming (?) that it won’t be too difficult to implement this site-wide like The-Competitor-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named? I even love the TubeBuddy design with the black status bars and text. This is honestly something I will gladly fork over $ for in a heartbeat, like no joke—Pro upgrade, here I come the second I see this added.

—————LONGER VERSION—————
Now you may be wondering—786X, why does this feature matter so much? Well, I’ll tell you. See, the sub count next to usernames is an invaluable feature used to gauge which channels are “better” to check out. See, back in the good ol’ days of YouTube, it was near impossible to differentiate a channel owner’s comments from an imposter on their own video unless you manually clicked to check the channel account. Nowadays, YouTube gives channel owner’s a check mark when they post a comment on their own videos. Problem solved, right?! Not quite.

What if we’re trying to check if the comment was made by another (not channel owner) prominent YouTuber? See, I, and I’m sure others, read YouTube comments quite a bit while watching a video. And we often run into comments by other prominent YouTubers that make us go “Huh, what is s/he doing on this part of the ‘tube?” only to realize it’s an imposter. Sub count next to individual comments would make that issue go away—no imposter can feasibility have the exact sub count as the account they’re masquerading as. Another reason why this feature may be useful is to find up and coming channels. Say you’re watching a music video and a comment says “Hey, this is such a great song! Reminds me of my new album that I released last week. Mind checking it out?”—most of the time I just shake my head and move on. But with the sub count feature, we will be able to see at a glance how large of an audience that user already has. Say he has 5K subs already... realistically I would go “Hmm, if he just started and he’s already gaining traction, maybe there is something special going on there. I’m gonna check him out.” You get the idea.

Sorry for the novel by the way, I write like I speak—expressive but completely disorganized. :D

Attachments

Beanie Draws

I like the idea. I mean, if milestone certificate templates can be “borrowed” i’m Sure certain features like this could be “borrowed” as well :)

I find it a great way of knowing if some commenters are genuine or trolls when they give negative feedback. I’m more likely to consider criticism and “hate” from someone who has a few hundred subscribers over someone who has 1 or 2.

youtubeblastoff

New User
I like this idea also. I agree it is one area where TubeBuddy is behind the competition. Especially when doing keyword research from right within YouTube, it would be nice to easily see how many Subscribers my competition for that keyword phrase has.

OP
OP

786X

New User
Sounds like a good feature. Can't wait to see what the others have to say about this.
Thanks for the feedback BraveStarrTG!

I like the idea. I mean, if milestone certificate templates can be “borrowed” i’m Sure certain features like this could be “borrowed” as well :)

I find it a great way of knowing if some commenters are genuine or trolls when they give negative feedback. I’m more likely to consider criticism and “hate” from someone who has a few hundred subscribers over someone who has 1 or 2.
Ooh, I hadn’t thought of it from a content creator’s perspective. You’re absolutely right—feedback from a larger sub count user should generally hold more merit simply because they’re probably doing something right on their own channel.

Your way of using this feature would be a great asset to content creators. Nice one!

I like this idea also. I agree it is one area where TubeBuddy is behind the competition. Especially when doing keyword research from right within YouTube, it would be nice to easily see how many Subscribers my competition for that keyword phrase has.
Definitely! Knowing your competition in searches is extremely important. As of right now, YT doesn’t let you know the sub count unless you’re on a video or on the channel itself. This would solve that problem.

Thank you for this comment—great idea!

OP
OP

786X

New User
My main thing with YT abbreviating sub counts how will this play? We also do have it in some places, but I'd say adding it to others make sense. I'll wait for more community voting :D
You’re absolutely right Andrew.

It is unfortunate the direction YT is taking with the sub-count changes. But it’s a change that we all must adapt to. I guess what I’m trying to say is some information is better than no information at all.

I would much rather see an abbreviated sub-count next to a username than not see one at all and have 0 idea who a person is or their traction level.

And to be completely honest, I’m not interested in the free upgrade to my account if this feature is developed. Rather, I will gladly pay for a feature like this—it will be immensely useful for YT users and content creators alike.

Hoping it isn’t too difficult to implement site-wide seeing as it already exists in a smaller section of the site.

All I ask is that it is also implemented in the Firefox browser extension as I refuse to use Chrome. :D It’s part of why I’m using TubeBuddy to begin with.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
All I ask is that it is also implemented in the Firefox browser extension as I refuse to use Chrome. :D It’s part of why I’m using TubeBuddy to begin with.
This much I can say would be! We seem to have a lot of support here :) I'll send this forward!

OP
OP

786X

New User
Auyy this is a great idea man i love it!! dunno why we dont have it already tbh.
Same! But hopefully it gets added soon.

Thanks you dear for suggestion, is good.. love from HK
You’re welcome! Sorry but what is HK?

Wow. I wish I had thought of this. Good on you for this one mate. Upvoted.

Regards,
Roger
Thank you for the support, brotha!

dope idea man, dats some next level stuff my g.... would luv this
You and me both, man. Glad you like the suggestion.

OP
OP

786X

New User
This much I can say would be! We seem to have a lot of support here :) I'll send this forward!
Thanks Andrew! I’m actually surprised by the amount of attention this got. Guess I’m not the only one who finds this useful.

Sending it forward means it’s making its way into production?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks Andrew! I’m actually surprised by the amount of attention this got. Guess I’m not the only one who finds this useful.

Sending it forward means it’s making its way into production?
Means they will look at it, and reply to make sure they know 100% what you want and let you know any issues that might come up, and will be moved up the chain of requests :D

Danny C

New User
Great suggestion. I would love to see this. I currently use the "other" plugin for this feature. Liked