• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Official Wanna Improve Your Thumbnail Game? Check Out Canva.com

TheGamerHippie

Subscriber Goal
I started using canva for my social media before I started a YouTube channel. I like it, but I do not see an outline effect for text which I like on other Thumbnails.

thepiedcrafter

I just started going back and reediting my thumbnails using canva. They look so much better. I usually use my tubebuddy extension on desktop to create a thumbnail from my video. Then I save it. And I actually downloaded the canva app and I work on my thumbnail there. Upload it to youtube studio and I'm really liking the results and ease of use. I have hundreds of videos to go back and work on thumbnails. But this is a fast and easy process.

Thanks for the suggestion I also keep updating my thumbnails from time to time. Currently I have 20 uploads only, so not a big ask. But once it crosses may be a 100, certainly the effort will start to show. So may I ask how much improvement have you observed after revamping the thumbnails with Canva?

Melody Gilliland

melodygillilandphotography.com
Subscriber Goal
Canva is my go to app/software for everything thumbnail/videos/logos/posters etc. Definitely worth the monthly fee.

After unsuccessfully trying to use Thumbnail Maker for YouTube (the paid version) I decided to give Canva a try and I don;t regret it! It is awesome and you can use the free version. The have lots of free templates to use!
I agree, the free version is still very much worth it

John Calistro

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Many of my friends are using Canva, last week one sent me an awesome Instagram card that he did on Canva, maybe its time to check it out the tool, my plan is to do the base on Canva and finish on Photoshop, what do you guys think about this?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Many of my friends are using Canva, last week one sent me an awesome Instagram card that he did on Canva, maybe its time to check it out the tool, my plan is to do the base on Canva and finish on Photoshop, what do you guys think about this?
I think Canva is a very handy tool. I think Photoshop is a very handy tool. There is an overlap to a certain extent. But in the end, why not?

Funny enough @DocRock was talking about using Keynote (Mac app) to do some things since it is free for Mac users. His point was that it was an overlooked free tool. I actually just used it for my latest thumbnail as a test and am pretty shocked/happy at how well it turned out.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Please do i need to download canva to get a good thumbnail
While there is an app, the website is all you need and the basic account is free. I'll also note, the basic account has what most people need so it isn't one of those services where the basic account isn't useless.

Reactions: Apps

Apps

Recognized Member
m.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Is there a canva computer software coz i tried using the app for for mobile phones and i found it limited in some instance and didn't get comfortable about it.Also you have to be online to work with it.

Meds

a
Being a new Youtuber in 2019 is so much more different than it used to be almost a decade ago when some of the top Youtubers today, like MKBHD and Mr Beast, were just getting started. Like us they started at the bottom, with cheap, low quality hardware and lacking the knowledge of the inner workings of Youtube. But like so many others, with time and patience, they grew their channels and made it to the top.

Growing a channel is a combination of multiple things. Time, patience, faith in yourself, keywords, tags, research, great content and great thumbnails. Now, to understand how Youtube works you have to put yourself in the shoes of your viewers. If youΓÇÖre a viewer searching for something to watch, whatΓÇÖs the first thing you look for? In most cases when a viewer searches for videos the first they see is what? The thumbnail.

The thumbnail is the first glimpse into your content, your creation. Even before they see the title viewers see the thumbnail and often respond to it by clicking through. This is why the thumbnail is an essential part of the formula for a successful Youtube channel and why you should be focusing more on quality thumbnails and on more than one per video.

One way to make great thumbnails is using software like Photoshop which has tons of features that can help you make amazing and professional looking thumbnails. But if Photoshop is outside your price range then Canva is the way to go.

View attachment 3395 View attachment 3396

Canva is ΓÇ£a simplified graphic-design tool websiteΓÇ¥ that allows you to create amazing designs like posters, social media cover arts, letterheads and even Youtube Thumbnails. The best part is Canva has a free though limited tier that already has tons of features and images you can use to create these designs. But if you choose to pay you unlock so many more features though the free features are more than enough to create amazing designs.

I made a short video (see promotion section) to show how easy it can be to make a Youtube Thumbnail Template that you can use to create thumbnails for you videos with a consistent theme allowing you to simply add the image you wanna use for your video and make the necessary adjustments for your logos and text easily. Bare in mind this video was meant to be an example of how easy it can be to make the template which is then saved on your Canva account, the colors were simply to make it stand out and easier to see the design.

Canva is a really awesome website and I highly recommend anyone looking to make better thumbnails to give it a try. The possibilities with the free features are endless.

IΓÇÖll be making a more details video of CanvaΓÇÖs features including the paid features soon so stay tuned.
awesome! i'am using canva.com everytime amazing app

Human Fantasy

Canva.com is a great thumbnail maker
However it isn't great for "Non-Canva" style thumbnails.
If you are a beginner, i suggest canva.
An intermediate, go for blender
A professional, go for photoshop

Thanks