• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Camera Gear Upgrade from phone

Reefer Dave

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I currently use my Samsung galaxy S9+ for all my videos. I want to upgrade a better camera that has more than a wide angle lens. My channel is about my saltwater aquariums that have a lot of blue light so white balance is really important. I use a clip on orange filter on my phone.
Any recommendations on a camera that's the next step above my phone camera?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I currently use my Samsung galaxy S9+ for all my videos. I want to upgrade a better camera that has more than a wide angle lens. My channel is about my saltwater aquariums that have a lot of blue light so white balance is really important. I use a clip on orange filter on my phone.
Any recommendations on a camera that's the next step above my phone camera?

What is your budget? This can help us better help you! :D

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Maybe around $250. Something used would be fine also.

My main thing is a new camera won't necessarily fix this issue 100% if you want more lens options I'd recommend looking into on camera lenses for that budget. Are you using the native app for filming or another one? Otherwise for that price the options are limited, but depends what you want to do :X

OP
OP
Reefer Dave

Reefer Dave

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've had a dji osmo mobile 2 for a few weeks and using the dji go app.
I could swing more money if need be. I just don't know which cameras are better at video and where to start looking.

OP
OP
Reefer Dave

Reefer Dave

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Been reading a lot since I'm not familiar with features on dslr's.
Nikon D3500 is coming up a lot as a great entry level for videos.

OP
OP
Reefer Dave

Reefer Dave

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If anyone searches or stumbles across this post, I looked for the features that I wanted on a camera. Mirrorless, 4K, mic jack, touch screen and screen fully adjustable.
After reading a lot of reviews on different cameras I decided on the Panasonic Lumix G7. I found one on marketplace with a bag, rode mic, 2 tripods, 176s led light, and various cards and cleaning supplies. I got it for $320.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
That's the camera I use and I recommend it HEAVILY! It's a GREAT camera :D
I was watching Andrew use this camera, it looks super light and compact, but super capable and great in low light when he was taking photos at night of the Melbourne Penguins. IΓÇÖd definitely look into that.