Need Advice How to grow my English speaking channel WITHOUT my Spanish speaking audience.

Elindo

New User
Long story short I started / split my channel into English only and Spanish only so I wouldn't "fragment" my audience and get better performance.

Indeed once I stopped uploading English videos in my largely Spanish speaking audience the videos and channel got a better performance..

BUT... I started an English only channel and uploaded 70+ English videos plus one more English video per week.... AND the channel isn't doing ****.

My English speaking channel got 5 subscribers who are likely coming from my Spanish channel and they don't seem interested in watching a content that they are already getting in Spanish.

How do I make YouTube show the videos to the proper audience who speak English and not Spanish?

U

User1111

Well that's tough. There are many ways you can fix this. One is to make only English videos with Spanish captions or make only Spanish videos with English captions. Both need something in the description in the native language of the captions to inform the viewer to turn on the captions to get the language they need. I can see why your subs would only watch one language though. If the same content is in the Spanish video that is in English video it's silly to watch both. What kind of videos do you make? Is your targeted audience primarily from a Spanish language dominated country? Do you have anything in the country information section of the Audience tab in your Channel Analytics? If so what countries are showing? Using the country data, if available, will help you figure out how to tailor content to English only while keeping your Spanish audience. So you can have the best of both worlds without having two near identical channels.

OP
OP
E

Elindo

New User
By now I already have 2 channels.

The Spanish channel has a bunch of English videos and if I unlist them the entire channel performance goes down.

The English channel has all old English videos, plus one English video coming every week.

Either way, I think YouTube keeps presenting the English channel video to my Spanish audience as I got 5 Spanish speaking subscribers.

And I wonder how much of my old English videos that are still live on my Spanish channel are still being presented to the wrong audience.

Both channels have technical information about machine automation targeting people who work with these type of machines.

OP
OP
E

Elindo

New User
I was told that was "fragmenting" my audience by having both languages into one channel and I needed to pick one or the other, or do 2 channels but that it would take time to grow.

Obviously this has to do with making happy / cracking the YouTube algorithms to show the right videos to the right audience and be able to grow.

U

User1111

Hmm... I'm hoping someone can chime in here as I'm a noob at it but maybe use a tag called "English" for the English videos and a tag called "Spanish" for the Spanish videos? Also keep those English videos on your Spanish Channel unlisted, yes your channel will take a hit but it will recover.

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Elindo, can you give me the names of both of your channels so I can check them out? See what I can come up with to help?

OP
OP
E

Elindo

New User
You can check it..

Currently I am updating tags and descriptions in the Spanish channel for Spanish videos... the English videos in the Spanish channel are just there with no much information..
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrEdgarLindo

The English channel is brand new with all the old English videos with tags and descriptions, and I am also adding one new video per week... so far next to no activity on it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZwCUwJSx_irxmxXjV3uCSQ

Once I finish updating tags and description the next step will be the embed the videos in my website blog and blow out the number of pages I have in my website. Hopefully that would help the website and both of the YouTube channels.

I also need to put on end screen and cards on the new English channel.

Some videos are good, some other videos are crappy... but from my prospective I have found lost of crappy videos doing amazingly good... so I gonna keep on trying.

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
OK, so I checked out both channel. I can assume you basically took all your English videos and uploaded them almost all at once onto the new channel right?

OP
OP
E

Elindo

New User
OK, so I checked out both channel. I can assume you basically took all your English videos and uploaded them almost all at once onto the new channel right?
Yes... then I am uploading new ones...

The idea is to split the channel and have English content for the English audience in a separate channel.

The Spanish channel is only uploading Spanish videos now.

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
Well, I can't really say much on the topic of your channels. I know little to nothing on industrial automation. Your main channel has over a thousand subs but you average around 100 views per video. Normally, from what I have seen and experienced, that usually indicates subs from people who subbed just to sub. It happens to everyone. I have a channel where I am sure at least half if not more are subs just because they subbed but they don't necessarily watch my content.

Your second channel is new so obviously it's gonna take time to grow it. You're gonna have to do the basics of growing a channel. Researching the topic, creating a good title with searchable keywords, good tags, excellent thumbnails and a whole lot of patience.

I would also recommend 2 things. First, the channel artwork, on both channel, could use some tweaks. A little bit of description of the channel for example:

Industrial Automation
How To's and Tips
Weekly Videos

Second, your thumbnails, in my opinion, could also use some tweaks. Your text box covers half the image, it's much bigger than the text eating up background space and it's not quite centered. The box can be made a bit smaller to match the size of the text thus show more of the back image. Maybe a border around the image to make it stand out more in the search screen and make the colors more consistent.

I believe this can help both channels get noticed more.

OP
OP
E

Elindo

New User
Well, I can't really say much on the topic of your channels. I know little to nothing on industrial automation. Your main channel has over a thousand subs but you average around 100 views per video. Normally, from what I have seen and experienced, that usually indicates subs from people who subbed just to sub. It happens to everyone. I have a channel where I am sure at least half if not more are subs just because they subbed but they don't necessarily watch my content.

Your second channel is new so obviously it's gonna take time to grow it. You're gonna have to do the basics of growing a channel. Researching the topic, creating a good title with searchable keywords, good tags, excellent thumbnails and a whole lot of patience.

I would also recommend 2 things. First, the channel artwork, on both channel, could use some tweaks. A little bit of description of the channel for example:

Industrial Automation
How To's and Tips
Weekly Videos

Second, your thumbnails, in my opinion, could also use some tweaks. Your text box covers half the image, it's much bigger than the text eating up background space and it's not quite centered. The box can be made a bit smaller to match the size of the text thus show more of the back image. Maybe a border around the image to make it stand out more in the search screen and make the colors more consistent.

I believe this can help both channels get noticed more.

Thanks..

I am looking into targeting the same audience using a bit different spin for the topics and videos. I made another post about keyword research and what would make sense to do a video about given the information from keyword research.