Video Review New video but I want to make sure I'm not repeating old habits...

McNaquar

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: McNaquar
Title of thread: New video but I want to make sure I'm not repeating old habits...
Self review: This isn't a gaming video of a game I've played for years. It's a blind play through I tried to "liven things up" with a joke or two or a visual gag, especially during a time or two when the game appeared to lag because not much was going on. I know I have some bad habits that are driving away my viewers and I want to improve I just need to know where I'm falling short. My aim for my channel at it's core is to engage and entertain and that's what I'm looking for, if this video entertaining and engaging or do I have things I need to work on to be a better creator? Any constructive feedback will be appreciated, thank you.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video: REMOVED due to damage from partial views with no attempt at commenting coming directly from here, so please lock or delete this thread. Thanks.
View: https://youtu.be/PVCR1XJVSQY

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/22692/

Last edited:

People's Bookkeeper

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Hey my friend! Since you are looking for feedback, my main tips for you (not criticizing, just things I noted right away to help you) - If you want to really elevate your channel, you need to REALLY do something entertaining and unique! There are sooooooooo many gaming channels doing the same thing, and most of them don't end up gaining a huge audience because it's the same as every other channel. There's nothing special about them so tons of them just sit in the background and grow super slow.

Take a look at Markiplier, dantdm, game theorists, vanoss and others that are absolutely CRUSHING it in gaming, you need to make sure you are at that level if you want to really have your channel take off. That means amazing edits, high energy, cut back on the swearing or at least bleep it out, awesome sound effects, and tremendous humour to make people laugh and get excited to spend time with you.

Thumbnails and Titles are the TWO guaranteed things people will see, so you need to grab their attention with those and then hold them there with amazing content during the video. Tags are super important for new channels, and yours are quite messy right now. If you look at their thumbnails, they are spectacular on those channels. Don't copy their thumbnails, but go check them out to give you some ideas and then create an amazing thumbnail style for your videos.

Your descriptions need to be filled with a lot more information about you, your video and talk about what value it brings to someone. You need to remember that your channel and videos are about your AUDIENCE, not you! So the value that you need to provide is entertainment. Think about what it is that YOU are doing to bring that value, and if you are honest with yourself then you'll be able to start to see things from your viewers perspective and realize what THEY will want. They want to come and watch you because you provide laughs, fun and an escape from stress most likely. So work on improving all these aspects my friend!

I certainly don't mean for any of this to come across as harsh, I care about you succeeding! If you can replicate the big YouTubers in gaming, but in your own style and way, you'll go really far! You made me laugh with the repeat comment lol. And I like your personality too! And for only about 100 views, you've got 15 subscribers, that's actually a great start! So keep at it my friend, you'll make amazing improvements and start to really grow!

OP
OP
McNaquar

McNaquar

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
... I was asking if what I was trying in that video, which was a lot different than what I've done in the past, seemed like I was on the right track. Thank you for the feedback though. I do appreciate it none the less. I agree with everything you said and since I posted this video review request I did get a subscriber from the video in question so I guess I'm doing well, just need to keep working at it and no I don't plan to be a clone or like every other channel. I know better than that. I'm not a clone of anyone after all. FYI this wasn't a general tip that I was asking for.

Last edited: