Need Advice Starting Over on YouTube

KerrysWorld

New User
TubeBuddy User
Hey everyone. Can’t believe it’s come to this but I really feel it may be time to give up on our old channel that got taken down without warning or explanation

as I’ve mention before I’m still so confused why. But alas it is what it is.

Here’s my question.We have both ran a vlogging channel and as that own got closed down, are we able to set up the channel in the other person’s name and details and rebrand under a slightly different theme?

would love some advice. Thanks so much!

liam and kerry

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I was wondering what happened. Not sure the answer, but @Andrew is probably the best to answer this.

You really had something going. Looks like a reboot is in order. Good it happened now rather than later. I just hate that there was no real reason other than your channel simply had an unusual kind of success that they can't put in any of their categories.

Starting a new channel can be healthy though. You start afresh, try something different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KerrysWorld

KerrysWorld

New User
TubeBuddy User
I was wondering what happened. Not sure @Andrew probably the best to answer this.

You really had something going. Looks like a reboot is in order. Good it happened now rather than later. I just hate that there was no real reason other than your channel simply had an unusual kind of success that they can't put in any of their categories.

Starting a new channel can be healthy though. You start afresh, try something different.
You know, in many ways you’re right. I feel the same. We had started paying for adverts but only for a month or so.

My biggest fear right now is if we start again under the other’s details, that when we reach 4000 hour of watch time, YouTube will recognise us and instantly ban us again

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
You know, in many ways you’re right. I feel the same. We had started paying for adverts but only for a month or so.

My biggest fear right now is if we start again under the other’s details, that when we reach 4000 hour of watch time, YouTube will recognise us and instantly ban us again
I know it sounds scary. My best advice, is to try again and be honest. Re-brand and let people know that even though life can get you down, you can always be apart of Kerrysworld 2.0 :)

OP
OP
KerrysWorld

KerrysWorld

New User
TubeBuddy User
Were these YouTube ads or some third party ad system?
These were the official Google Ads. It actually worries me to use these now as, I’m still shocked at the reply I got a few weeks ago from someone who works at YouTube. They said the growth of our channel was so extreme that it’s not possible without botting

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
If you don't mind, were your Google ads and YouTube channel linked? After watching a Tim Schmoyer video a few weeks ago he recommends that everyone not use any ads whatsoever, even the paid YouTube, Google ads. I thought it weird that he said so at the time, but looking at your case, yup, looks like even using YouTube/Google's own ad system may raise eyebrows in the wrong way.

Here's what I think may have happened, but who really knows?

My guess is stay away from all ads that will drive traffic to your videos. That's what Schoymer recommended. Also we have no understanding of the communication or lack thereof between Google and YouTube.
  • You buy Google ads.
  • You get a spike in views as a result.
  • Red flags and alarms trip the YouTube Nazi bots that something is wrong.
  • A cursory glance from a human within YouTube with who knows what prejudices kills your channel.
I have no idea how Google/YouTube stays in business making such big mistakes as they do.

Here's the Schoymer video I mentioned:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu--ySPbYFQ

OP
OP
KerrysWorld

KerrysWorld

New User
TubeBuddy User
If you don't mind, were your Google ads and YouTube channel linked? After watching a Tim Schmoyer video a few weeks ago he recommends that everyone not use any ads whatsoever, even the paid YouTube, Google ads. I thought it weird that he said so at the time, but looking at your case, yup, looks like even using YouTube/Google's own ad system may raise eyebrows in the wrong way.

Here's what I think may have happened, but who really knows?

My guess is stay away from all ads that will drive traffic to your videos. That's what Schoymer recommended. Also we have no understanding of the communication or lack thereof between Google and YouTube.
  • You buy Google ads.
  • You get a spike in views as a result.
  • Red flags and alarms trip the YouTube Nazi bots that something is wrong.
  • A cursory glance from a human within YouTube with who knows what prejudices kills your channel.
I have no idea how Google/YouTube stays in business making such big mistakes as they do.

Here's the Schoymer video I mentioned:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu--ySPbYFQ
Wow thank you, I didn’t realise till I paid out for these ads that anything like that could cause issues. It’s unreal isn’t It.

The sad thing is, even though its terrible business sense to penalise you for buying ads, Google has so much money, it’s more effort than it’s worth to sort it out.

This could be the answer then.. and heck what a scary answer too. It’s genuinely depressing.
I believe YouTube and Google account were linked yes but only nearer the end when it got taken down, not at the start.

Thanks so much for the information, i’ll Watch the video when I get on wifi!