• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question What are your future gear upgrades?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I knock over my camera last week. Fortunately I invested in a cage to take the hit as opposed to the camera. It got me rethinking my camera and where I want to go in the future. I'd like to have two cameras, like a pair of Blackmagic Pocket 4ks. Keep one on the tripod and keep the other on a monopod. That would give me the coverage I need out on the boat. I don;t fancy taking the camera off the tripod on the water for obvious reasons, lol.

What about you?

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I knock over my camera last week. Fortunately I invested in a cage to take the hit as opposed to the camera. It got me rethinking my camera and where I want to go in the future. I'd like to have two cameras, like a pair of Blackmagic Pocket 4ks. Keep one on the tripod and keep the other on a monopod. That would give me the coverage I need out on the boat. I don;t fancy taking the camera off the tripod on the water for obvious reasons, lol.

What about you?

Great question! My future upgrade plans are to my studio space with another C-stand and more acoustic treatment. I'd also like to make it a bit easier for vlogging with a better camera with built in IS I know it's not everything, and I can keep my hands stable, but the extra time in post makes me always want it haha!

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Junior and Patricia

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Probably the GH5 camera to have IBS and shoot 120fps for B-roll. A new zoom lense so it will make it easier for vlogging and capturing what I need to on the go without have to switch lenses. A new gimbal

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm looking at picking up a few Aputure 120D Mark 2 lights in the near future... I also may pick up a second lapel mic.

I'm very on the fence about picking up the new Pocket Cinema Camera 6k due to reports of a cheap feeling chassis but its possible I'll still pick one up to be a B-Cam.

OP
OP
Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I've been on the fence about getting a G95 or sucking it up and getting the GH5, I just fear a GH6 might be on the horizon XD

Oh, man, just get the GH5. You could wait for the GH6 and get the GH5 cheap either new or used. That how I wound up with the GH4. Everyone scrambling for the GH5, I grabbed a GH4 at a greatly reduced price. Top of the line camera is still top of the line camera even if it's a generation old.

I don't know if you're looking for IBIS or not, but I prefer the GH5S, but it isn't for everyone.

OP
OP
Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I'm looking at picking up a few Aputure 120D Mark 2 lights in the near future... I also may pick up a second lapel mic.

I'm very on the fence about picking up the new Pocket Cinema Camera 6k due to reports of a cheap feeling chassis but its possible I'll still pick one up to be a B-Cam.

Yeah, I bet it will make a good B-cam for your URSA. I'd like to see how it would stack up again your 5D, or if it's easier to match the 6k to the URSA.

Reactions: Aaron

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I bet it will make a good B-cam for your URSA. I'd like to see how it would stack up again your 5D, or if it's easier to match the 6k to the URSA.

The video from the 5D4 (even though good) can't hold a candle to Blackmagic footage... the color matching though is pretty dang easy. Might do some footage comparisons at some point.

• Wow

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't have any plans on upgrading my gears currently (although I guess I kinda did by replacing my Rode mic for another Rode mic). I do have plans on buying another "vlogging" camera because I lost my other one :(

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: TubeBuddy and Damon

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Dude, how do you lose a vlogging camera?
Festival. Probably left it during a ride somewhere? I searched and asked around, but nobody saw it :F

At the same time, I was in a shady part... I was in a shady town (XD). Even the cops agreed that I probably would never see my camera because nobody would be willing to turn it in.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: TubeBuddy and Damon

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Festival. Probably left it during a ride somewhere? I searched and asked around, but nobody saw it :F

At the same time, I was in a shady part... I was in a shady town (XD). Even the cops agreed that I probably would never see my camera because nobody would be willing to turn it in.

One day you'll get positive karma again :X

People's Bookkeeper

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Hey Damon! I broke my camera a couple months ago and had to get another too! I fell off my chair somehow and was holding the cam and it just smashed and I knew that was it lol. I have a pretty basic set up right now, but anything along the lines of a DSLR would be great. I'd even take a Panasonic G7 which is a little older but makes an awesome set up for someone newer and starting. No need for a huge budget cam unless you want to and can afford to. I don't have that luxury - yet! haha!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Logitech brio for streaming art.
possibly a better lav mic.
Some of those led leaf things tech tubers have, not that IΓÇÖm ever on cam really.
better internet