Entertainment Channel TubeBuddy Newbie here -- Hi, All

Brownswick

New User
User name: Brownswick
Title of introduction: TubeBuddy Newbie here -- Hi, All
Your name/ Alias: Coach Randy
Where are you from? Suburban Atlanta
How did you find TubeBuddy? A YouTuber mentioned it in one of his "how to grow your YouTube channel" videos that I was watching.
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I'm sure I'll have questions (I already have a few), so I figured this was as good a place as any to start looking for some answers.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: My channel is about bowling, and specifically about youth bowling. I'm 66, a coach, and I run the youth program (as a volunteer) at my local bowling center. My little YouTube series called PRODIGY BOWLERS TOUR began in the Fall of 2016 as a way to promote our youth program, but quickly spread and become what I like to call a "near viral sensation." As of today (8/12/2019), it has just over 16-thousand subscribers, has received over 5-million views and has a very loyal fan base. Each video routinely gets around 5,000 views in the first 24 hours after being uploaded, typically hits about 12- to 15-thousand views by the end of the first week, and the numbers keep ticking up at a somewhat slower pace after the first week. Our first video, uploaded three years ago, has over a half-million views.
Producing this show has become my passion, and serves as a way for me to give back to the sport that I've loved since I was a kid, and a way to give the kids who appear on the show an exciting stage where they can show off their awesome skills. (Some of the kids who've appeared are among the best in the state, and one young lady who's made multiple appearances on the show is the reigning two-time, back-to-back, National Champion in her age division.) As much time as I put into producing each video (each show typically runs anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours, and sometimes longer and I spend between 35 and 40 hours editing each episode), I would like it to generate enough money to make it easier for me to justify the amount of time and effort I put into it, thereby enabling me to do more of this without concern for how I haven't put much time into growing my "real" business. I find this work very creatively satisfying, if not financially so just yet. I'd like to push it more in that direction.
How frequently do you upload? It's a weekly show that runs essentially concurrent with the school year. Starts around Labor Day and goes through sometime in June, usually. We're 3 years in, starting Season 4 in the Fall of 2019. 102 episodes so far.
What are your hobbies? Well, obviously, bowling. But frankly, I love what I do -- editing video and working as a voice actor. So other than watching TV and visiting with friends, I'm pretty content. I like movies and I used to play golf. (Not so much anymore.) I'm considering getting another dog. My last one died back in February (she almost made it to 17) and I'm starting to feel like I'm ready to fill that void again. I've spent my entire life in broadcast media, so my interests run pretty much in harmony with most anything related to broadcasting of any kind and pop culture.
What is your biggest dream? Well, my biggest dream is for my YouTube show to get picked up by some national or regional sports television network and for them to pay me an exorbitant fee as the show's creator and technical consultant or something. But I'd be thrilled if the show remained exclusively on YouTube and it grew and grew and generated enough money that I could live off of it and even hire one or two other people to help grow it some more. I'm not close to that now, but I already have more subscribers than some people who ARE living off of their YouTube income. So clearly, there's a piece of this puzzle that I haven't yet unlocked. But it's an exciting and interesting journey to try to figure it out. Even at my age, I love learning new stuff.
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/BrownswickBowling

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: Brownswick
Title of introduction: TubeBuddy Newbie here -- Hi, All
Your name/ Alias: Coach Randy
Where are you from? Suburban Atlanta
How did you find TubeBuddy? A YouTuber mentioned it in one of his "how to grow your YouTube channel" videos that I was watching.
What made you join the TubeBuddy forums? I'm sure I'll have questions (I already have a few), so I figured this was as good a place as any to start looking for some answers.
What would you like to accomplish with your channel: My channel is about bowling, and specifically about youth bowling. I'm 66, a coach, and I run the youth program (as a volunteer) at my local bowling center. My little YouTube series called PRODIGY BOWLERS TOUR began in the Fall of 2016 as a way to promote our youth program, but quickly spread and become what I like to call a "near viral sensation." As of today (8/12/2019), it has just over 16-thousand subscribers, has received over 5-million views and has a very loyal fan base. Each video routinely gets around 5,000 views in the first 24 hours after being uploaded, typically hits about 12- to 15-thousand views by the end of the first week, and the numbers keep ticking up at a somewhat slower pace after the first week. Our first video, uploaded three years ago, has over a half-million views.
Producing this show has become my passion, and serves as a way for me to give back to the sport that I've loved since I was a kid, and a way to give the kids who appear on the show an exciting stage where they can show off their awesome skills. (Some of the kids who've appeared are among the best in the state, and one young lady who's made multiple appearances on the show is the reigning two-time, back-to-back, National Champion in her age division.) As much time as I put into producing each video (each show typically runs anywhere from 90 minutes to 2 hours, and sometimes longer and I spend between 35 and 40 hours editing each episode), I would like it to generate enough money to make it easier for me to justify the amount of time and effort I put into it, thereby enabling me to do more of this without concern for how I haven't put much time into growing my "real" business. I find this work very creatively satisfying, if not financially so just yet. I'd like to push it more in that direction.
How frequently do you upload? It's a weekly show that runs essentially concurrent with the school year. Starts around Labor Day and goes through sometime in June, usually. We're 3 years in, starting Season 4 in the Fall of 2019. 102 episodes so far.
What are your hobbies? Well, obviously, bowling. But frankly, I love what I do -- editing video and working as a voice actor. So other than watching TV and visiting with friends, I'm pretty content. I like movies and I used to play golf. (Not so much anymore.) I'm considering getting another dog. My last one died back in February (she almost made it to 17) and I'm starting to feel like I'm ready to fill that void again. I've spent my entire life in broadcast media, so my interests run pretty much in harmony with most anything related to broadcasting of any kind and pop culture.
What is your biggest dream? Well, my biggest dream is for my YouTube show to get picked up by some national or regional sports television network and for them to pay me an exorbitant fee as the show's creator and technical consultant or something. But I'd be thrilled if the show remained exclusively on YouTube and it grew and grew and generated enough money that I could live off of it and even hire one or two other people to help grow it some more. I'm not close to that now, but I already have more subscribers than some people who ARE living off of their YouTube income. So clearly, there's a piece of this puzzle that I haven't yet unlocked. But it's an exciting and interesting journey to try to figure it out. Even at my age, I love learning new stuff.
YouTube Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/BrownswickBowling
Welcome! First and foremost, I'm glad you found us from a YouTuber, and if you have questions shoot! I think bowling coaching is awesome my friends and I go bowling bi-weekly so I will be checking you out!

Weekly is a great way to start! I wish you the best on building your channel to be picked up, and I think that's a great goal, but also keep in mind you could get shown in alleys without the TV show, so keep in mind the internet is a lot more user friendly!

I hope you enjoy your time here! Fantastic introduction!