• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Audio Gear What microphone do you use?

Shimon

TubeBuddy User
instagram.com
Subscriber Goal
I used a Rode Video Micro and for the price I honestly think it is amazing, compared to some of the lot more expensive mics that do a very similar job - could even argue it outperforms some of those more expensive mics

Reactions: Damon

Fuzz

TubeBuddy Star
For the last few years I have used the original Blue Yeti which has been good. However, just yesterday I switched to the Rode Podmic which I am combing that with a GoXLR Mini interface and the difference has been quite astonishing.

• Love
Reactions: Ikerot and Damon

NeonCityGolf

TubeBuddy User
www.neoncitygolf.com
Subscriber Goal
I use a rode ntg4+ on all my talking head videos. A rodevideomic for vlogging, and a rode nt1 for audio recording for gameplay! What are you using? :)
I have a lavalier mic and an external hotshoe mic with wind screen that attach to my iPhone. Neither seem to override the built in mic. No idea why!

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
I use a Yeti X. It's very versatile and has a solid sound quality...can be configured for interviews and podcasts as well!

D

Deleted member 33766

The Blue Yeti Blackout edition! i think it's an amazing mic. the only problem is it's a condenser mic and if you record in a loud environment it'll pick up everything. i don't record in a loud environment but my Playstation was really loud it needed a cleaning so i the mic would pick up all the noise which wasn't good but i cleaned out the playstation added some new thermal paste and it's so quite now and the audio from the mic is amazing too!

chileno0826

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Since I just started out I bought the Snowball iCE microphone. Honestly, its pretty good for starting out!

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
The Blue Yeti Blackout edition! i think it's an amazing mic. the only problem is it's a condenser mic and if you record in a loud environment it'll pick up everything. i don't record in a loud environment but my Playstation was really loud it needed a cleaning so i the mic would pick up all the noise which wasn't good but i cleaned out the playstation added some new thermal paste and it's so quite now and the audio from the mic is amazing too!

Since I just started out I bought the Snowball iCE microphone. Honestly, its pretty good for starting out!

Blue makes some good products, I stopped using them personally when they wouldn't honor my warranty. Always look at the warranty!

BMGamingYT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Blue snowball ice for gameplay, very clear and easy to use

For vlogs I just use the stock mic built into the hero 8