• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question What Surge Protectors are you using?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I ask this because more recently I had a power surge, and it helped save a lot of my gear. This lead me to want to know, what surge protectors are you using? I'm using wall out let surge protectors, surge protector strips, and that's about it! They're all from APC which I love for their awesome warranty program. What about yourself? Are you using them? If so why! If not why? Thanks!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't think you can get power strips in Australia WITHOUT some sort of surge protection. I haven't seen a power strip without a surge protector in a long time. My power strips also have timers so if you're not using them, they automatically turn off.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
well speaking of power outage, I just had one yesterday :oops:

I guess I better get to buying haha. I wanted to get APC, but I just see a lot of bad reviews and the product bursting into flames. So I'm not too sure :thinking:

The one thing I'm sure of is I gotta buy a battery-powered (or a small backup battery) air pump for my goldfish.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
well speaking of power outage, I just had one yesterday :oops:

I guess I better get to buying haha. I wanted to get APC, but I just see a lot of bad reviews and the product bursting into flames. So I'm not too sure :thinking:

The one thing I'm sure of is I gotta buy a battery-powered (or a small backup battery) air pump for my goldfish.

That's the worst! I've had no issue with my APC One, but that's one experience :X

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I ask this because more recently I had a power surge, and it helped save a lot of my gear. This lead me to want to know, what surge protectors are you using? I'm using wall out let surge protectors, surge protector strips, and that's about it! They're all from APC which I love for their awesome warranty program. What about yourself? Are you using them? If so why! If not why? Thanks!
Ugh that's scary. I don't use any at the moment. Maybe I should consider one.

BMGamingYT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Right now I just use a cheap one from Dollar General, I feel they all do the same thing anyway, sometimes you are just paying for the name of a product