YouTube Question Hours a day working

mcnakahr

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Why rush it? It's about quality not quantity... I usually take a few hours recording a game video w/ commentary and then it takes a few more hours to edit it. In order to grow your content organically you got to take time and be patient.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Depends my content! The TubeBuddy videos take a week turnaround from scripting, to review phase, to recording, editing, but maybe in total 4 - 6 hours. For my personal channel it takes me about an hour to film and three hours to edit! Gaming channel it takes about two hours of recording to final product!

Loved this question :D

OP
OP
Timmichanga

Timmichanga

New User
Depends my content! The TubeBuddy videos take a week turnaround from scripting, to review phase, to recording, editing, but maybe in total 4 - 6 hours. For my personal channel it takes me about an hour to film and three hours to edit! Gaming channel it takes about two hours of recording to final product!

Loved this question :D
I do gaming though

Bob the Canadian

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
It takes me 2 hours to script/bullet point, 2 hours to shoot, 2 hours to edit, 2 hours for all the other stuff (subtitles, thumbnails, etc). That is for a 8 minute video. Sometimes I make them longer and all the steps take longer of course.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Usually about 4 - 6 hours for my Bad Ramblings. If I'm working on reviews, usually 6+ hours lol

Junior and Patricia

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
About a week to get the best quality video out I tend to be more on the patient side of things no rush and will constantly reevaluate the video more than a few times to see if a better way or effect makes the video better.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't know. I just work. You wake up working, you go to sleep working, you take a nap whenever you want to, and you take a day or two whenever you want to. Given that I have a fishing channel, one video could take a week or two of planning, filming and editing because you're almost mounting an expedition for every trip.

For quick talking head videos, I don't know. I just bang them out and get them out.

Much of the time when I'm crafting new custom fishing tackle orders, I'll start filming while I'm working then. Often that footage will end up in one of my fishing adventure videos. It's a way of communicating to my customer that I am working on their a orders. There really isn't a difference between my work and my play. One flows into the other. Even when I'm napping, I'm thinking. Which is work in and of itself. This is a life I cultivated years a go as a musician. A musician always has a tune going in their heads. There's never a time when they're aren't practicing.

Hakido

New User
For me it's about 4-6h / video depending of how much i fail talking for my intro and how lengthy is the video.