Need Advice Posting YouTube Clips to Social Media

lhaggarty

New User
Subscriber Goal
Hey there YouTubers!

I'm a beatmaker, programmer, and Youtuber. I'm wondering what other YouTubers process is for posting YouTube video clips to social media like Instagram? What tools are used, and what content is used?

I try to focus on the initial content creation, rather than the promotional content. I'm considering making some software to make this less of a burden, but I'd love to know what's currently being used to post video clips to social media first.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey there YouTubers!

I'm a beatmaker, programmer, and Youtuber. I'm wondering what other YouTubers process is for posting YouTube video clips to social media like Instagram? What tools are used, and what content is used?

I try to focus on the initial content creation, rather than the promotional content. I'm considering making some software to make this less of a burden, but I'd love to know what's currently being used to post video clips to social media first.
I use premiere rush to make clipped segments from my premiere pro files to share on socials. I try to build intrigue about what I share, so they follow through to the Youtube channel!

OP
OP
L

lhaggarty

New User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the quick reply @Andrew! That's exactly what I try to do as well, create intrigue for the full video. Adobe Rush seems perfect when posting videos from your Adobe editing library. Thanks for the suggestion Andrew. I'm using Final Cut Pro X. I'm looking for a way to directly pull from YouTube. Let me know if you have a way of directly importing video from YouTube into the editor, or if having one would be helpful

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the quick reply @Andrew! That's exactly what I try to do as well, create intrigue for the full video. Adobe Rush seems perfect when posting videos from your Adobe editing library. Thanks for the suggestion Andrew. I'm using Final Cut Pro X. I'm looking for a way to directly pull from YouTube. Let me know if you have a way of directly importing video from YouTube into the editor, or if having one would be helpful
So YouTube doesn't want people downloading files from YT and sharing theme elsewhere. We use to offer something like that, but they told us no, so for that there is nothing I know of. Well that at least follows their rules. If you break their rules, you can lose your channel.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey there YouTubers!

I honestly just find clips I like while I edit on Premiere, and then I copy the clip to another sequence and render it out. Afterward, for Twitter, I just upload it instantly on the site, or I go to Tweetdeck to schedule the video. For Instagram, I use Gramblr to upload my videos (it's a bit wonky, but it works. Though it doesn't do scheduled videos like Tweetdeck).

Ronnieleeeee

New User
TubeBuddy User
I like to take my favorite clips from my videos and posting them on my Instagram stories and feed with hashtags and links to my video/channel. I also do the same thing on Facebook and Twitter.

OP
OP
L

lhaggarty

New User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the replies @Ikerot and @Ronnieleeeee. Gramblr looks like a good solution, their website didn't load for me. Would having another tool or app that post clips from your YouTube video to social media be helpful for you? Either way is there other steps in the editing & posting process you guys find tedious?