TubeBuddy Tips Make your titles searchable and COMPELLING!

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello Everyone!

I went to VidCon 2019, and I had the opportunity to sit down with someone from YouTube search! Thanks @Aaron for helping me know she was there. She told me that when it comes to search, the number one thing people tend to forget is the compelling element. I know what this means, but let me break it down.

When crafting a title on YouTube, you should make the first reason searchable. Example is if I need to install TubeBuddy I'd call it "How to install TubeBuddy" That's the searchable part. However, that title doesn't COMPEL a user to act. Where something like

"How to install TubeBuddy - FREE tools to help you on YouTube!" is a lot more compelling, since you can see the value as a user. Don't forget about the compelling element. It can be in your thumb, and title. Remember CTR = Click through rate, is based on your Title, and Thumbnail.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hm... I feel like that should be something we all should know, but it's might've passed by our heads haha.

I'm always bad at titling my videos, so I'm amazed that I even get traction in the first place. I do want to try it differently next time to see how well it'll go.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hm... I feel like that should be something we all should know, but it's might've passed by our heads haha.

I'm always bad at titling my videos, so I'm amazed that I even get traction in the first place. I do want to try it differently next time to see how well it'll go.
I think we can get so busy worrying about the search [WHICH IS SUPER IMPORTANT] we forget that people need to be COMPELLED to click, and I've been working on improving that.

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
Yea, ever since I learned about keyword search I've always tried to combine that with a title that attracts attention, that compels people to wanna click through.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yea, ever since I learned about keyword search I've always tried to combine that with a title that attracts attention, that compels people to wanna click through.
It's harder than you might think. It's a combination. I love it, and it's like solving a puzzle, when you get it right. It's so satisfying!

jhnhalley

New User
As a newbie to YT, these best-practice insights are great. They seem simply to apply but, I'm sure crafting a compelling/searchable title will be a little bit tougher.

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
Might be a numpty question but Is this where you type in the phrase into the YouTube search box or is it something else?
Not quite sure I understand your question correctly. I first do a keyword search with TubeBuddy so that when people do searches on YT my content can be found easier.

Ento

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
www.theentopodcast.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Not quite sure I understand your question correctly. I first do a keyword search with TubeBuddy so that when people do searches on YT my content can be found easier.
Ah, cool. Thanks BraveStarrTG. I am just starting out with Tubebuddy and hadn't noticed that function :( I think I will have to go back to the beginner guides again.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks! This seems a lot like the old newspaper headline adapted for the new era. In a good newspaper head line you'd have the news couple with curiosity.

News: "How to install TubeBuddy"
Curiosity: " - FREE tools to help you on YouTube!"

Example from Fox News just this morning:

News: "El Paso Walmart shooting kills 20, injures 26"
Curisodity: "as investigators explore ‘nexus to hate crime’"

No, it doesn't sound the same, but it definitely follows the same principle. I need to incorporate this into my titles. Great tip.

hwg

New User
TubeBuddy User
As a newbie to YT, these best-practice insights are great. They seem simply to apply but, I'm sure crafting a compelling/searchable title will be a little bit tougher.
Same here! Incorporating all this great advice can be a challenge o_O a good challenge though, as Andrew said like solving a puzzle.:)

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks! This seems a lot like the old newspaper headline adapted for the new era. In a good newspaper head line you'd have the news couple with curiosity.

News: "How to install TubeBuddy"
Curiosity: " - FREE tools to help you on YouTube!"

Example from Fox News just this morning:

News: "El Paso Walmart shooting kills 20, injures 26"
Curisodity: "as investigators explore ‘nexus to hate crime’"

No, it doesn't sound the same, but it definitely follows the same principle. I need to incorporate this into my titles. Great tip.
Exactly you can show up in search, but do you compel people to click/watch?

Ronnieleeeee

New User
TubeBuddy User
I do my best to make sure my videos are searchable with my titles, for example, I just uploaded my first travel vlog about Amsterdam and wanted to make sure it’s searchable and not too specific, so I titled it “AMSTERDAM | TRAVEL VLOG 1”