Video Review Does this make you want to go to VidCon?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: Andrew
Title of thread: Does this make you want to go to VidCon?
Self review: I'm very proud with this film, and the story I tried to tell. I usually VLOG vidcon, but this year I thought a film was a better approach. I wanted to know, does this film show you enough about VidCon to make you want to go? What would you say is your biggest takeaway?
Link to video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEWi-zZvSX4

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/22301/post-58609

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
Does it make me wanna go to Vidcon? I've been dreaming about going to a con since I found out about Comic Con even though I'm not much of a comic person. I've wanted to go to E3, CES, VidCon, TwitchCon, Comic Con and even SXSW. Now I can add VidSummit to the list.

This video only makes my desire to go to VidCon even greater. I will make it there someday. As a fan or as a YTer. Either way.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This video only makes my desire to go to VidCon even greater. I will make it there someday. As a fan or as a YTer. Either way.
Thanks Brave! It's been a fun place to go! For me this film was to answer this questions, not only for others, but myself too. Reminding myself why I love the event!

Jeffrey Powers

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
I went to one VidCon.

Jim Louderback asked me to cover it a couple years ago, so I put in the time and $$ to do so. I usually get a press badge so I can take gear into a show without issue. I covered it, and really enjoyed the event. I got some contacts, and great content as well. Not to mention finally meeting you, @Phil and the rest of the TB group at the time.

Next year, it was bought by Viacom. They gave out no press passes, so I couldn't justify the budget (which, with air, hotel, and ticket would have started at $1500)

This year, I was in Korea, so it wasn't on my schedule.

Bottom line: It's a great place to get YouTube VLOG content, meet your influencers, and learn a couple things. I would go again if the budget and ROI is there. But for me, I am better served at NAB, InfoComm, and other events that cater to more than just the YouTube and Twitch environments.

People's Bookkeeper

Newbie Member
Member of the Month
I saw your video the other day on your channel Andrew! I really appreciated your openness and honesty in regards to the ups and downs you've experienced there over the past few years. I'd love to still go, just to connect with people and enjoy the whole experience, it's on my list for sure! Loved your vid too, was tremendous!