Video Review Does this make you want to go to VidCon?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: Andrew
Title of thread: Does this make you want to go to VidCon?
Self review: I'm very proud with this film, and the story I tried to tell. I usually VLOG vidcon, but this year I thought a film was a better approach. I wanted to know, does this film show you enough about VidCon to make you want to go? What would you say is your biggest takeaway?
Link to video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEWi-zZvSX4

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/22301/post-58609

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
Does it make me wanna go to Vidcon? I've been dreaming about going to a con since I found out about Comic Con even though I'm not much of a comic person. I've wanted to go to E3, CES, VidCon, TwitchCon, Comic Con and even SXSW. Now I can add VidSummit to the list.

This video only makes my desire to go to VidCon even greater. I will make it there someday. As a fan or as a YTer. Either way.

OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This video only makes my desire to go to VidCon even greater. I will make it there someday. As a fan or as a YTer. Either way.
Thanks Brave! It's been a fun place to go! For me this film was to answer this questions, not only for others, but myself too. Reminding myself why I love the event!

Jeffrey Powers

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
I went to one VidCon.

Jim Louderback asked me to cover it a couple years ago, so I put in the time and $$ to do so. I usually get a press badge so I can take gear into a show without issue. I covered it, and really enjoyed the event. I got some contacts, and great content as well. Not to mention finally meeting you, @Phil and the rest of the TB group at the time.

Next year, it was bought by Viacom. They gave out no press passes, so I couldn't justify the budget (which, with air, hotel, and ticket would have started at $1500)

This year, I was in Korea, so it wasn't on my schedule.

Bottom line: It's a great place to get YouTube VLOG content, meet your influencers, and learn a couple things. I would go again if the budget and ROI is there. But for me, I am better served at NAB, InfoComm, and other events that cater to more than just the YouTube and Twitch environments.