• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question Gear needed?

Dennis Amey

Hi I'm Dennis, what hardware and software do I need to do a podcast with my nephew in California and I'm in Michigan, I'm not worried about the time difference, it's gear that's issue.so far the only thing I've come up with is recording on Skype, I'm in the process of setting that up.is this my only option? Any suggestions would be awesome thanks ✌️

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
Gear always comes down to budget... hard to recommend stuff when I'm not sure what you're looking to spend and the production value you desire to have.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
D

Dennis Amey

Gear always comes down to budget... hard to recommend stuff when I'm not sure what you're looking to spend and the production value you desire to have.
Rite I'm setting up Skype which so far seems to be the cheapest,so I guess a ballpark figure for something like that n the most expensive

OP
OP
D

Dennis Amey

I'm set up for Skype which seems to be the cheapest,my op budget is kinda small for now, so maybe my Max would be like 2-300 bux even then I probably have to save up for a bit for that

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, use the USB mic to get quality audio, then use skype to record podcast itself using the USB as your audio source. Nothing worse than junk audio in a podcast. Just like making good videos, you'll need a good microphone for your podcast.

OP
OP
D

Dennis Amey

Yes, use the USB mic to get quality audio, then use skype to record podcast itself using the USB as your audio source. Nothing worse than junk audio in a podcast. Just like making good videos, you'll need a good microphone for your podcast.
Ok thanks man I appreciate it ✌️

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
You could also use OBS with skype to get more options in editing. OBS is free. Then you can use audacity which again is free, and then distribution wouldn't cost anything if you post to the free podcast websites! :D

Reactions: Ikerot

mcgolf

your going to need something such as headphone or the model that fits in the ear so you can hear the conversation.