YouTube Question Anyone using YouTube Premiere for their vids?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Many of the the wrestling promotions I watch premier in their episodes. They using YouTube as their TV station. In the old days they would have shown on TV, but now that independent wrestling promotions have YouTube, it's working great for them. And the audience really kicks in as well.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Many of the the wrestling promotions I watch premier in their episodes. They using YouTube as their TV station. In the old days they would have shown on TV, but now that independent wrestling promotions have YouTube, it's working great for them. And the audience really kicks in as well.
So the YouTube Premiere feature? XD I thought this was Premiere pro for a second haha!

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Haha, I also thought it was Adobe Premiere as well. Then I saw "wrestling" and I was thinking, "Huh... I didn't know Adobe hosted wrestling matches"

I have been to premieres on YT before. I know a lot of people complain about it way before the premiere happens because... idk... they're impatient, I suppose? Or people just don't like change. However, whenever I do get to catch a premiere like from Ants Canada or Philosophy Tube, I've been enjoying the interaction with others and especially the creator themselves.

It's also a great way to earn money haha. I see a lot of people donating to the premiere.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't like how it's built on the streaming features of YT and my videos are only 4 - 8 minutes so makes it hard to premiere since it's so short and once it's over chat can't grow anymore

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't like how it's built on the streaming features of YT and my videos are only 4 - 8 minutes so makes it hard to premiere since it's so short and once it's over chat can't grow anymore
Yeah, the premiere really is made for series or longer videos. Since YT now let larger creators have Members who get their own special perks like custom emojis, I wonder if they're gonna do premiere for members only (like Twitch) or livestreams for members only? Or is that feature already implemented?

One thing I enjoy about premiere is the ability to see other people's reaction to the premiere. It's like watching a show, except with other people lol

Beanie Draws

I had a play with premieres. It has it’s moments, but when I used it, it was the worst performing video I’ve had out of the gate. The chat interaction was fun, and if you’re monetised, it does open up the ability for people to superchat, but if your video is long, and people join half way, unless they’re interested in the chat, they’ve missed half the video until the premiere ends and they watch the replay.

BUT it’s a great way to ensure that a bunch of people watch through the entire video. It worked nicely for Derral Eve’s presentation. It’s mostly designed for hero content. But it may have an impact on it’s performance.