YouTube News How Picky Are Companies With Affiliate Marketing?

Physx

New User
I would imagine that most companies love the notion of affiliate marketing to get themselves additional promotion. However, I have applied for affiliate marketing with two companies recently and have not heard back from either.

I don't have much content yet, but have years of experience as a public speaker, am exceptional at video editing, and overall, the quality of my content is decent. Even have a few likes from people already and haven't even started promoting it.

But anyway, I am wondering how picky companies tend to be with affiliate marketing? Does it just take time to hear back from the companies, or are they pretty selective when it comes to affiliate marketing? I'd appreciate any info you guys can send my way, as this is all brand new to me.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I would imagine that most companies love the notion of affiliate marketing to get themselves additional promotion. However, I have applied for affiliate marketing with two companies recently and have not heard back from either.

I don't have much content yet, but have years of experience as a public speaker, am exceptional at video editing, and overall, the quality of my content is decent. Even have a few likes from people already and haven't even started promoting it.

But anyway, I am wondering how picky companies tend to be with affiliate marketing? Does it just take time to hear back from the companies, or are they pretty selective when it comes to affiliate marketing? I'd appreciate any info you guys can send my way, as this is all brand new to me.
Surprisingly most aren't. Some examples are Amazon affiliate, humble bundle, us here at TB you can get in at 0 subs. It's more based on can you move sales?

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
Many seem pretty easy to get into. All they are really giving you is a link to share - there is no real major cost, or gamble, on their part. Some, like Amazon, have time/sale limits. If you do not generate any sales in a particular time, they will remove you. Most don't because they may as well let you share a link.

I have a tiny channel and have affiliate links for Amazon, CyberLink, and of course TubeBuddy. I have yet to get any sales... but I have the links :)