YouTube News When YouTube Monetization is Enabled, Does the Minimum Quota Get Shared Amongst All Your Channels?

Physx

New User
Ok, so I am very new to the whole YouTube monetization thing, but want to make sure I do it right.

With that said, I have two different YouTube channels under my same e-mail address. It is for two completely separate topics, so I wanted them both in different channels. I know there is some type of minimum views or clicks or something along those lines that you need within a period of time for YouTube to pay you. Now, is that quota for the account, or is it for each individual channel? Like say if I have 70% of the quota on one channel, and 60% on the other channel, since they are under the same account, would that meet the quota, or does the quota have to be met on each channel?

OP
OP
P

Physx

New User
What?! You have to have at least 1,000 subscribers just to have any chance at making money? And the first 12 months you can't make anything at all? Really? That seems harsh.

Craig Payne

New User
Yep; did you not read this:

Also unless you have a lot more than 1000 subs, you are not really going to make any more than a few $'s a month.

OP
OP
P

Physx

New User
Thanks for the information. I literally just started all this and it is brand new to me, so the only thing I have done so far is monetized my page, made two different channels, and split up the videos I have so far.

It's late here, but I did add that link you gave me to my favorites to check out tomorrow. I am still learning how all of this works, but quickly realizing the way to make real money with a YouTube channel is to not rely on the income from YouTube, but to do things outside of that, like affiliate marketing.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback, and realizing I do have a lot to learn here, but to definitely not rely on YouTube itself to make money.

Beanie Draws

I have two (planning on a third) channels. My main one (this one) is at 23,000 and is well and truely monetised, but my gaming channel has under 100 subscribers from last check and isn’t monetised. So I believe you have to reach the requirements individually despite Adsense paying out collectively (or at least I think they do). Actually. I wonder if @Andrew knows if two channels linked to the same Adsense when monetisable, will pay out together, and weather the two combined will help reach the $100

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
Look at it this way. When you go to each channel you can't edit either without being under that channel account. Although under the same email Youtube sees each channel as a separate account thus the rules apply individually. It's the same reason why Tubebuddy paid subscription only works on one channel.

I'm confused. You said you monetized your channel. I am not sure I understand what you mean by that. Monetization is done by Youtube once you reach the 4,000 hours in 12 months and 1000 subscriber requirements to become a Youtube Partner. Your channel has 2 subscribers and only a few videos so I doubt you're anywhere near the 4,000 hours required. I believe you meant you filled out the info to be monetized but your channel can't be monetized because you haven't reached the requirements yet. It's gonna take time. You're just starting so don't get upset or disappointed with what everyone is saying here. Just keep making videos so you can grow your channel and you'll eventually get to where you want to be. just remember its gonna take time. This doesn't happen overnight. Sure, there are exceptions but those are just lucky chances. Just keep working at it.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I wonder if @Andrew knows if two channels linked to the same Adsense when monetisable, will pay out together, and weather the two combined will help reach the $100
If you make 50 on one account and 50 on the other and the combined in adsense is 100 they will pay. They lump them together :D

OP
OP
P

Physx

New User
Ok, so to clarify yes, I enable the ability for it to be monetized. I figured the title of the thread would make it obvious I obviously didn't qualify yet, lol. But in order to even qualify down the road, you need to enable it on your account, which is what I did.

Getting mixed feedback on here too. Some people are saying they lump the accounts together, some people are saying they aren't? Anyone with experience that can confirm either way?

OP
OP
P

Physx

New User
Nevermind. I found the answer myself. Realized I needed to monetize the second channel as well. When I did, in the policy, this is exactly what it says:

"You can apply for monetization at any time. To be reviewed, all channels need at least 4,000 watch hours in the previous 12 months and 1,000 subscribers. "

So, looks like every channel that is monetized must meet that in order to meet the criteria.

Only thing I am left wondering at this point is after you meet the criteria, do they regularly check it after that, or are you monetized from there on out on that channel? Anyone know? I would imagine by then you should be fine unless you are right on the cusp, but I am just curious?