Need Advice stuck

nyuyfoni

New User
hey all, I have had about 27 subscribers for the longest time now. I post content I think people would enjoy watching, but for some reason people choose to just watch my videos and not subscribe.... is it something I maybe doing wrong? what hook do you have to make your viewers subscribe and Stay???

Beanie Draws

At 27 subscribers I think you’re still pretty early into the game to worry about not getting extra subscribers. How many videos have you produced and what’s the actual topic of them? I didn’t get a noticeably raise n subscribers until I had 30 videos out.

It never hurts to have a quick call to action at the start somewhere after your value proposition. The Key is to not sound too Beggy in your call to action.

OP
OP
nyuyfoni

nyuyfoni

New User
At 27 subscribers I think you’re still pretty early into the game to worry about not getting extra subscribers. How many videos have you produced and what’s the actual topic of them? I didn’t get a noticeably raise n subscribers until I had 30 videos out.

It never hurts to have a quick call to action at the start somewhere after your value proposition. The Key is to not sound too Beggy in your call to action.
I currently have 15 videos out now and more recorded but still in the process of editing which takes a while being that I have other things to tend to. Any suggestions?

entrepreneur916

New User
TubeBuddy User
www.billettenterprises.com
Subscriber Goal
That's how it works.
Hey man, I am a HUGE fisherman. Fished Future Bass, Mountain Bass, and Won Bass tournament series on the west coast years ago. I recently got into business pretty hardcore and had to travel (currently in the Midwest, bass are small but the white bass and walleye population is fun). Once I get this property done and my two properties in Colorado done, I will be headed to Texas permanently and start enjoying my retirement (I retired in 2016 but have been busier retired than working in corporate America, lol). I am really eager to get back competitive bass fishing and really want to make videos just like you do, I am extremely impressed by the number of views your videos have in that niche, that's awesome, you nailed it and will just get bigger.

So, that brings me to a question that I think I know the answer to but just want your opinion since you are doing so well...

My channel focuses on business, travel/reviews (as related to business), finance, investments and wealth creation (passive incomes, residuals, income opportunities) which is a pretty large breadth of subjects already...if I was to start fishing heavily again and filming, would creating a new channel and rebranding another production be most beneficial? I feel that I just can't tie fishing into my business focused channel (even though, in essence, it is because I get paid by sponsors and there are cash prizes based on performance) and I am afraid it is just going to be too broad and my user retention is going to suffer.

I subbed to your channel and already a pretty big fan of your work, looking forward to connecting with you.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey, Jacob. Yeah, that's very broad, even on the business side. Each one of those could be a channel in and of itself. Even I've experimented with teaching some creative business and film shooting methods, but my audience simply doesn't take well to it. I've established an audience of fishermen and outdoorsmen. Business, sales and marketing is the last thing they want to hear about.

If this were a How-to-Start-an-Outdoors-YouTube-Channel, then that audience would be specifically attuned toward starting, marketing and positioning a YouTube channel. They'd be more open to the business aspects of thing.

This is a certain portion of my audience, but only about 1 or 2 percent. What I plan to do is put that information into a paid online course--passive revenue as you mention.

For you I'd start a whole new fishing channel. I think there is an audience for outdoors business related things, but my channel simplyu isn't positioned for it.

One thing I will say: outdoorsmen typically, well, at least here in the south, we much prefer time to money. Ask any southern bread good-ol-boy would you rather make:

1. $40,000 a year and work 40 hours per week?
or
2. $60,000 a year and work 60 hours per week?

Nearly unanimously they'll take the 40/40 deal. For that audience time freedom is wealth. For me as well. You could definitely experiment with mixing the two, especially if your channel is still small. Imagine if Dan Pink, Dave Ramsey or Jim Collins all a sudden started making mountain climbing or gardening videos. While personal anecdotes often make good teaching moments, their established audiences aren't coming to them for advice on other subjects.

I remember how Dave Ramsey took to marathon running a one point. Great lessons about endurance and discipline that easily transfer, but he didn't change his total brand just because he ran a marathon. Could he start a marathon channel, brand it and have success. Yeah.

Often you will hear me talk about my music days. My music training gives me insight in what music I will use, how I will pace the video, and such. I could teach more about using music in video, but if I started talking about music theory, Schenkerian analysis, or set theory, I mean, that's a whole new audience!

Andrew would actually be the perfect person to answer this because his film and photography background are a totally different channel than what he has built for TubeBuddy.

Last edited:

entrepreneur916

New User
TubeBuddy User
www.billettenterprises.com
Subscriber Goal
I think you are right, thus confirming what I was leaning to.

I left a comment on your latest video, all I can say man is that your videos truly place me into your life...I don't think that makes sense but I have no other way to say it. The camera staging, the sound, the cutscenes, the realness of it all and quality is just awesome. No words I say can give it justice.

I would like to talk specifically about a point in the video, and that is the struggles with retail and the pride of your heritage. You, sir, get every ounce of respect I have. The appreciation and the way you cherish the memory of your family when that was passed down to you, the honor that you have for it, it shows the quality of man that you are. The story and heritage of your fishing accessories, the craftsmanship and wood making ability to do what you do is nothing short of incredible.

With that I feel you can ask for a premium, the youtube channel you have builds so much value to your products that I will be purchasing products just because of that, be part of your story, to have the honor in using the accessories that have been passed down generations with traditional methods.

I want nothing more than success for you, you now have a raving fan.

Also, just a side note, I have owned several online retail networks and looking and building up another (I typically build and then sell), if you are needing distribution maybe I can help in some way?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
rgr! :idea:

OP, best to stick with it for about 150 videos. At three videos per week, that's 150 videos in one year's time. You can't put that much content into the market place without figuring something out. As you go refine the process by learning to make good thumbnails, and going solid SEO. 150 videos of that, and you'll figure something out.