• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Seeking Advice Does anyone know how to achieve the 4,000 hours watch time?

Joe Serata

New User
Hi guys! Can you please give me some advice or ideas to achieve the required watch hour?
Do you have other suggestion where to promote your channel?
I really appreciate all your help and opinion.
Thank you so much! More power to our channel ❤❤❤

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: curhat sang pelaut

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
With 265 subs already, and only 12 vids I would say you are on your way. By the time you get 1,000 subs you will probably have your watch time as well.

I wonder if Tagalog or English would be better? Some of the bigger channels, like Mikey Bustos, and Bogart The Explorer speak mostly English. I suspect to appeal to a wider audience. Although, there are 100 million people here in the PIs, there may be enough in any language :)

• Love
Reactions: Joe Serata

Stanley Orchard

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Focus now on getting videos ranked for search and try to make the best videos you can: we blew our 4k hours out of the water well before we reached 1k subs because we were making long videos (15-20mins) that kept people engaged (near 50% retention). Those videos ranked high in search and got suggested, which drove a lot of traffic and earned a lot of watchtime.

Hi guys! Can you please give me some advice or ideas to achieve the required watch hour?
Do you have other suggestion where to promote your channel?
I really appreciate all your help and opinion.
Thank you so much! More power to our channel ❤❤❤

Hope you visit my channel
that is my dream too....i will visit your channel

Beanie Draws

Why do you want the 4000 hours watch time? Do you just care about monetisation or do you care about providing great content? I get the analytics and numbers side of things, but i’d Suggest to forget about that. Do it for the fun and passion of creation. People will more likely want to watch you if they know you’re in it to have some fun, not just coz you want views and subscribers. Nothing will turn viewers against your more than just being focused on views and subscribers. That will come naturally with time. Some people have had to wait a year or more to get that watch time.

So that’s the perspective side of things. To improve your channel, you can simplify your thumbnails because they’ve very busy and complex. Make simple fun thumbnails to get people wanting to click, and then make sure every 15 seconds is as entertaining as you can make it, then the next 15 seconds. These videos are for your audience’s entertainment, not for your own popularity. Have fun by all means and enjoy what you do, but don’t worry too much about the numbers while you’re still so early in.

I’m not sure how well challenges go either. So many people have been doing challenges for the last 3 years, it’s kinda getting repetitive. Be truly unique and fun :)

I hope I didn’t sound too harsh, I just never cared about watch time etc, I celebrated the numbers as they came, but I didn’t care how long it took to get those numbers, just focused on the joy of creation and taking things one step at a time. I’ve been at this for 4 years so enjoy the long journey :)

Reactions: Joe Serata