Work In Progress Mobile App Canned Tools and Hearts.

Beanie Draws

Unsure if it’s planned (also, I’ve had struggles getting the comment filters to work in the mobile app) but could there be a way to add/manage/use canned responses in the comments feature of the TubeBuddy app?

I also requested this a long time ago, but when replying in the comments using the TubeBuddy app, can we “plz” have the ability to heart comments :p or would that mess with some API on YouTube’s end?

Also a request reminder to incorporate a more built intergration or at least a link to the forums in the app, and a link to the discord in the app :)

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Unsure if it’s planned (also, I’ve had struggles getting the comment filters to work in the mobile app) but could there be a way to add/manage/use canned responses in the comments feature of the TubeBuddy app?

I also requested this a long time ago, but when replying in the comments using the TubeBuddy app, can we “plz” have the ability to heart comments :p or would that mess with some API on YouTube’s end?

Also a request reminder to incorporate a more built intergration or at least a link to the forums in the app, and a link to the discord in the app :)
Going to @Jim :D

Jim

TubeBuddy Staff
TubeBuddy Staff
Hi Beanie,

To answer your questions:

1. There is a way to use canned responses. If you're on iOS you press and hold on a comment in the list and your canned responses should pop up. On Android if you click the 3 dots on the right of the comment in the list it'll give you a context menu to choose canned responses. iOS is running some pretty old code and we're working to update it to be the same as Android, so that will change in the next few weeks.

2. Hearting comments in the TB app we didn't think was going to be possible, until literally this morning when we figured out how to do it. We will be adding this to a future version, but I can't say when yet because we're in the process of creating a road map for upcoming mobile work. It'll be at least a couple months if I were to guess, but is definitely planned.

3. As for the Community that is linked in the main menu on Android, and will be on iOS once we get the iOS code updated. Discord is on the list for the future, but we don't have that added yet.

Hopefully that helps, but if you have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Hi Beanie,

To answer your questions:

1. There is a way to use canned responses. If you're on iOS you press and hold on a comment in the list and your canned responses should pop up. On Android if you click the 3 dots on the right of the comment in the list it'll give you a context menu to choose canned responses. iOS is running some pretty old code and we're working to update it to be the same as Android, so that will change in the next few weeks.

2. Hearting comments in the TB app we didn't think was going to be possible, until literally this morning when we figured out how to do it. We will be adding this to a future version, but I can't say when yet because we're in the process of creating a road map for upcoming mobile work. It'll be at least a couple months if I were to guess, but is definitely planned.

3. As for the Community that is linked in the main menu on Android, and will be on iOS once we get the iOS code updated. Discord is on the list for the future, but we don't have that added yet.

Hopefully that helps, but if you have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks!
Thanks mate and thanks to the TubeBuddy team for al the great work :) thanks for the update Jim :)