• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Official NEW YouTube Advertiser-Friendly Content Guidelines!

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com

These Guidelines were updated in June, and I wanted to know if everyone has seen them yet? I don't agree with all of them, but I am glad we get a little bit more clarity.

Kate's Adventures

TubeBuddy Pro
It's nice to see a more comprehensive list and I suppose they are just covering their bases in terms of what is likely to become problematic with advertisers. It'll be interesting to see how strictly they follow these guidelines.

Reactions: Andrew
OP
OP
Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
It's nice to see a more comprehensive list and I suppose they are just covering their bases in terms of what is likely to become problematic with advertisers. It'll be interesting to see how strictly they follow these guidelines.
I agree, and I always like more information then not.

Beanie Draws

It hasn’t caused as much of an uproar as a “policy change” normally would, be perhapse because they’re spelling it out more. I know some take it as a personal attack on their channels, but people have to remember they don’t own the platform and that they have to play to the rules, even if new rules show up. It’s unfortunate for some, but it’s part of being allowed to use someone else’s platform.

A lot of these new rules I see as a good thing. Some will be adversely effected more than I think is fair, but sometimes life isn’t fair.