• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Tried a more minimal approach!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
This video is all about sandbags! What do you think of it? Can you grasp that just from the image, and does it make you wonder what I'm talking about with Sandbags? Thanks!

How to fill sandbags.jpg

Reactions: Damon

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm not sure I'd of initially made the connection of sandbags if you hadn't specified it. I'd be curious about what it is your holding with no context.

Reactions: Guitar Hack

Guitar Hack

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm not sure I'd of initially made the connection of sandbags if you hadn't specified it. I'd be curious about what it is your holding with no context.
Me too.
Here in AU we have hessian bags.
It looks like a reflective jacket or bag for emergency use, but I didn't see it as a sand bag. ??
Are they generic in your neck of the woods?

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I saw that thumbnail on my recommended feed, it is an attention grabber and it tells a story. I like it!

Awesome @RazzBarlow thank you! :D

Me too.
Here in AU we have hessian bags.
It looks like a reflective jacket or bag for emergency use, but I didn't see it as a sand bag. ??
Are they generic in your neck of the woods?

I'm in film, so yes haha! However, I didn't know that about AU :O

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This video is all about sandbags! What do you think of it? Can you grasp that just from the image, and does it make you wonder what I'm talking about with Sandbags? Thanks!

View attachment 3104
Looks like a saddle bag or some kind of back that isnΓÇÖt directly related to itΓÇÖs purpose, youΓÇÖd be better showing it in action. And to be honest, and harsh, the photos a little ΓÇ£boringΓÇ¥.

it may sound silly (and it is) but IΓÇÖd love to see that bag in use on some equipment, with you crouched down getting excited over it with a stupidly shocked face. It would be so rediculously silly iΓÇÖd click it lol, but as it stands at the moment, youΓÇÖre holding up a bag with some yellow stripes on it, and the background is competing for attention,

I mean, itΓÇÖs ΓÇ£goodΓÇ¥ as a simple photo, but itΓÇÖs not overly interesting.

Maybe simple and to the point gets the job done. Your CTR will tell you, but for me, itΓÇÖs just another thumbnail. Sowie :(

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Looks like a saddle bag or some kind of back that isnΓÇÖt directly related to itΓÇÖs purpose, youΓÇÖd be better showing it in action. And to be honest, and harsh, the photos a little ΓÇ£boringΓÇ¥.

The video is about how to fill it, so maybe an action shot of how to fill it. However, the target is "how to fill a sandbag" which for the people who do know what it is, will recognize it. However, to your point it may not be clear to what it is.

it may sound silly (and it is) but IΓÇÖd love to see that bag in use on some equipment, with you crouched down getting excited over it with a stupidly shocked face. It would be so rediculously silly iΓÇÖd click it lol, but as it stands at the moment, youΓÇÖre holding up a bag with some yellow stripes on it, and the background is competing for attention,

This is actually a great idea! The only problem with that is, the video is about how to fill the sandbag, more so than how to use it, but if I do make a follow up video on how to use a sandbag, this might be useful to know! :D

The background competing with your attention, first I have heard of this, so I'm curious if anyone else feels that way :O

I mean, itΓÇÖs ΓÇ£goodΓÇ¥ as a simple photo, but itΓÇÖs not overly interesting.

Maybe simple and to the point gets the job done. Your CTR will tell you, but for me, itΓÇÖs just another thumbnail. Sowie :(

Super fair critiques! Currently my thumbnail is at a 10. 1% CTR with about 1.2K impressions, so it is converting! I got about 106 views from it, so it's not doing bad, but it's not being suggested which might be based on it being the only video of it's type on the channel.

I just guess I need to up my story telling within the thumbnail too! :D

Thanks Beanie for the critiques! :D

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Super fair critiques! Currently my thumbnail is at a 10. 1% CTR with about 1.2K impressions, so it is converting! I got about 106 views from it, so it's not doing bad, but it's not being suggested which might be based on it being the only video of it's type on the channel.

I just guess I need to up my story telling within the thumbnail too! :D

Thanks Beanie for the critiques! :D
Just goes to show we all have different tastes in what gets our attention :) the numbers donΓÇÖt lie :)
anytime mate :)

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy