Need Advice Hoping I’m on the right track!

Ronnieleeeee

New User
TubeBuddy User
So far lately I’ve been uploading pretty consistently, my titles, descriptions and tags I feel have been great, been putting lots of effort into my thumbnails, I promote on social media every day and right now I’m at 149 subscribers. Most of the time I feel like I’m on the right track, and I’m not giving up, but whenever I upload a new video and it doesn’t do as well as I’d hoped it would I start to get a bit down on myself. Anyone have any advice for me?

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
I know the feeling. I've been at this for about a year now but at least 6 months of this time was me without any kind of guidance. Just winging it. Though I have learned a lot in the past few months my channel has been somewhat on hold due to personal circumstances that prevent me from being more consistent. So whenever I do make a video I believe is pretty good and I do all the SEO work and it doesn't do better I too get down a little. But like I said, I have learned a lot and some of the more important stuff I learned only recently. The hardest part of running a YT channel is waiting for the fans to arrive. But once that happens and you go past the 1000 subs mark the channel starts taking off almost by itself. So have patience, keep working hard, keep believing and keep pumping out the content. Just make sure you know your ideal audience and have a value proposition for your channel and make your content and your SEO around that and you'll eventually get to where you wanna go.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So far lately I’ve been uploading pretty consistently, my titles, descriptions and tags I feel have been great, been putting lots of effort into my thumbnails, I promote on social media every day and right now I’m at 149 subscribers. Most of the time I feel like I’m on the right track, and I’m not giving up, but whenever I upload a new video and it doesn’t do as well as I’d hoped it would I start to get a bit down on myself. Anyone have any advice for me?

Are you doing research before you create the video? The reason I ask is a lot of people make the video and then try to do the SEO. SEO let's you know if people are looking for that content, and if they are the chance you have to rank/ stand out. If you have no chance, I'd say skip it until you have more authority in the term. Knowing this helps!

Beanie Draws

I’d simply echo the advice of Brian G, focus on your next video.
I know the disappointment of a video inderperforming, all you can do is make the next video better... if that doesn’t work, you make another video, and you keep it up, keep listening to good tactics mentioned by Andrew, and you keep focusing on the next video.