• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Vlog Channel Hello! I'm A Military Wife Vlogger!

wykertfamilyvlogs

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Hello! I'm Nadine. I started vlogging as a way to help me get out and do stuff since I suffer from Major Manic Depression and Severe Anxiety. Well, about 8 months ago my husband switched from National Guard to Active Duty Army so life has been pretty different. I vlog about our daily life as a military couple/family as well as do pet videos such as proper pet care (as that is a huge deal to me). I also do Cleaning. I have been using the free version of TubeBuddy for a while and only recently upgraded to I believe the pro version. I look forward to learning and growing with ya'll! I'm not very good at this intro type things so I will leave it at that. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy User
Sounds like a great idea for a channel. I was in the Navy back in the stone age (1st Gulf War). I often wondered what modern service is like. We did not have the internet, email, and you can forget cell phones or facetime. Our deployments were very hard on families. I am sure it is still hard but the tech has to help some. We even had to number our envelopes so when the mail came in, you knew if it was current. (letter #4 might say mom is ok, but you had not gotten #3 which said what was wrong). It made for complicated conversations...

You need to interview some of the old timers and get their view of the changes :)

Good luck with the channel

• Love
Reactions: wykertfamilyvlogs
OP
OP
wykertfamilyvlogs

wykertfamilyvlogs

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Welcome! All my high school friend served in the Air Force. I couldn't because of my asthma.
Thanks! Yea I couldn't join because of my feet. I was born with Severe Bilateral Club Feet (had surgery to correct it) and my feet are in constant pain.

Sounds like a great idea for a channel. I was in the Navy back in the stone age (1st Gulf War). I often wondered what modern service is like. We did not have the internet, email, and you can forget cell phones or facetime. Our deployments were very hard on families. I am sure it is still hard but the tech has to help some. We even had to number our envelopes so when the mail came in, you knew if it was current. (letter #4 might say mom is ok, but you had not gotten #3 which said what was wrong). It made for complicated conversations...

You need to interview some of the old timers and get their view of the changes :)

Good luck with the channel
Thank You! And Thank you for your service! Yes tech makes it much easier depending on where they get sent and what they have available at there. I know some places you can buy a portable hot spot which is what was available at the place my husband was last deployed. Other places don't offer stuff like that. I still say number your letters though because when they don't have the tech available to be able to call the letters still get jumbled. That is a great idea to interview the "old timers" I honestly never thought of that! My husband's dad was military as was his mom. Thank you very much!

Welcome Nadine!!
Thank You! :)

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Hello Nadine! Welcome to the forum :)

My brother is a part of the reserved for... over ten years now I think. I remember he tried to get me to join the air force for a while, but I refused because my anxiety wouldn't let me xD
I'm glad that you're using vlogs as a way to help you through your woes. Do you talk about it in your vlogs? I've written my experiences on my blog and I know people liked it because it gives them a perspective they've never thought before. Or it made them feel like they're not alone in the world.

OP
OP
wykertfamilyvlogs

wykertfamilyvlogs

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Hello Nadine! Welcome to the forum :)

My brother is a part of the reserved for... over ten years now I think. I remember he tried to get me to join the air force for a while, but I refused because my anxiety wouldn't let me xD
I'm glad that you're using vlogs as a way to help you through your woes. Do you talk about it in your vlogs? I've written my experiences on my blog and I know people liked it because it gives them a perspective they've never thought before. Or it made them feel like they're not alone in the world.
Thank you :) My husband was National Guard for six years til last October. I do talk about all of it as it arises. I also talk about my depression and anxiety occasionally.