• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Question YouTube Studio Addiction?

Ronnieleeeee

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
So I have the youtube studio app, if anyone is familiar with it. I am constantly refreshing my dashboard allll the time to see if my views went up on my videos. I do this especially when I upload a new video, like yesterday. I feel like it can be bad for me sometimes cause I’ll get so down on myself when my views don’t go up like I feel like they should. Should I lay off of YT Studio more?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
So I have the youtube studio app, if anyone is familiar with it. I am constantly refreshing my dashboard allll the time to see if my views went up on my videos. I do this especially when I upload a new video, like yesterday. I feel like it can be bad for me sometimes cause I’ll get so down on myself when my views don’t go up like I feel like they should. Should I lay off of YT Studio more?
I'd say if you're going to be on studio, instead of looking at the things you can't control, look at the things you can. Look at your average view duration for any dips, and see if you can fix them, see what search terms people are using to find your channel, and finally make sure to not overwhelm yourself with the tool. Comparison is the thief of joy, and if all you do is constantly compare yourself it will drain you.

lschaaf

New User
I just posted my first video yesterday and am totally checking stats every 5 minutes...it is crazy. I don't have the app, but I'll probably download now and get even less done! But I'm hoping after the newness wears off, I'll get back to work and concentrate on my future videos!

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
I just posted my first video yesterday and am totally checking stats every 5 minutes...it is crazy. I don't have the app, but I'll probably download now and get even less done! But I'm hoping after the newness wears off, I'll get back to work and concentrate on my future videos!
It's a good app! Be sure to use it to find out where people are coming from search wise and make more videos around that! :D

Reactions: Ronnieleeeee
OP
OP
Ronnieleeeee

Ronnieleeeee

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
I'd say if you're going to be on studio, instead of looking at the things you can't control, look at the things you can. Look at your average view duration for any dips, and see if you can fix them, see what search terms people are using to find your channel, and finally make sure to not overwhelm yourself with the tool. Comparison is the thief of joy, and if all you do is constantly compare yourself it will drain you.
Thank you for the advice! I didn’t think about looking for dips and search terms!

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
The best way to use the app is not to check to see if your numbers are going up and then feel down if they don't. Instead, look at the stats and figure out what you're doing right and keep doing that while also seeing what's not working and improve on that. That way rather than checking every 5 minutes only to be disappointed, you can instead make it a learning experience so that eventually you don't have to worry about whether your numbers are going up or not because you know they are and you know you are providing value.

RazzBarlow

TubeBuddy Pro
I got some great advice a while ago. "Don't watch it like a stock ticker" If you're after long-term "big picture" success, then look at the big picture. If you're looking for minute-by-minute success, then look at it minute-by-minute. Of course this doesn't mean you shouldn't pay attention to details, but always keep an eye on the big picture. I got caught up in that "Why isn't my video moving?" addiction too. I was driving myself crazy. You'll lay some clunkers. I have. I have also done a few videos that seem to have an enduring attraction. They are still getting strong (for me) view numbers weeks after I made them. I went back and looked at those videos to see what I did right. I try to emulate those videos. It also used to bum me out when someone unsubscribed from my channel. "Oh my god! I'm losing subs" But I can't please everyone and those that unsubscribed decided my content was not for them. They did us both a favor. I move on and try to interact with my audience and keep the energy flowing.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Yes, you should lay off of YT Studio more. I used to get anxious about my view and subscriber count, but then I realize those just come over time (and I have videos that have spiked later on in its life).

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
Or just crank out more videos than the app can keep up with, and it won't matter--of course within reason.

Gotta decide why you want to do this. If you're a flight attendant then, you know the meaning of service. Apply your training to your videos. Serve your audience, even the ones you haven't boarded your plane yet. Just as you are the image of the airline, you're the image of your channel in a much bigger way. Apply the same principles.

OP
OP
Ronnieleeeee

Ronnieleeeee

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Or just crank out more videos than the app can keep up with, and it won't matter--of course within reason.

Gotta decide why you want to do this. If you're a flight attendant then, you know the meaning of service. Apply your training to your videos. Serve your audience, even the ones you haven't boarded your plane yet. Just as you are the image of the airline, you're the image of your channel in a much bigger way. Apply the same principles.
Great advice, thank you. I have two videos planned that I plan to upload within the next week. I’m going to try and upload a lot more than I normally do.