• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Lifestyle Channel Hello Everyone! Stoked to learn to be a better content creator! My story

Hi all, my name is Jamie and I live in a converted school bus and travel. I'm joining the forum due to my recent You Tube awakening. You see, I've had a channel for about four and a half years and it's done fairly well. at least from my perspective, but since about the last five months, my income from adsense has tanked. I thought it was all about views and good content, but learned that's not the case anymore. I'm here to get dialed in from both the forum and taking a much deeper dive into the TubbyBuddy tools.

My videos are about travel, interviews of individuals that live the traveling lifestyle, reviewing vandweller related products, and how-to videos, such as how to install solar power on your rig.

I try to upload at least twice a week and for fun I workout, dirt bike and fly my drone. Just got back from two months in Baja Mexico.

I also host a van build fest every year where volunteers come together to help attendees build out their van, school bus, box truck or whatever to be lived in. No charge for the labor.

My biggest dream is to become the most successful I can on the youtube platform and continue to help as many people as I can in the vanlife community.

Thanks for reading about me and I hope to learn a lot from you guys!

Cheers!

~Jamie

Last edited:

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Hello @JamieD, welcome to the community. If you have any questions about TubeBuddy or YouTube please feel free to ask them in the forums. We have a large community that can help you with your questions.

So you travel in a converted school bus? That's amazing. Would love to see what it looks like. May need to check out your channel. I always said if I ever won the lotto I would buy an RV and travel all 50 states (fly to Hawaii obviously, lol) and go to every historical location, tourist location and restaurant I have seen on several Food Network shows.

Good luck with your journey.

Beanie Draws

Hi Jamie! Sounds pretty exciting! If you're keen to learn more, we are more than keen to have you as part of our community :) there's lots to get involved with and I'm looking forward to seeing you around :)

Hello @JamieD, welcome to the community. If you have any questions about TubeBuddy or YouTube please feel free to ask them in the forums. We have a large community that can help you with your questions.

So you travel in a converted school bus? That's amazing. Would love to see what it looks like. May need to check out your channel. I always said if I ever won the lotto I would buy an RV and travel all 50 states (fly to Hawaii obviously, lol) and go to every historical location, tourist location and restaurant I have seen on several Food Network shows.

Good luck with your journey.
Thanks, BraveStarrTG. I've been to Utah's Mighty 5, Yellowstone to see the total eclipse, a bunch of others and the best part is I get a national parks annual pass and stay out on public land in these areas for months at a time so I never feel rushed!

Currently I'm in Flagstall, AZ. I have WIFI in my skoolie, but it's very slow at the moment which makes updating my tags super slow, so I'll be heading back to the public library in town for that, then head to the Anytime Fitness, I joined here, for a solid leg day and hot shower. It really is a great life!

Looking forward to learning a lot from you guys.

Cheers! Jamie

Hi Jamie! Sounds pretty exciting! If you're keen to learn more, we are more than keen to have you as part of our community :) there's lots to get involved with and I'm looking forward to seeing you around :)
Definitely, Beenie Draws. This is the business and lifestyle I'm committed to so I'm here to dial it in. Just downloaded the free trial of ScreeFlow yesterday and a bunch of tuts. FCPX just wasn't for me after a couple of years on it. Yesterday I used the bulk tool to add cards, annotations and hash tags over my title. I got a warning from Amazon recently regarding a TOS violation in all my descriptions and the bulk tool made it incredibly easy to get back into compliance.

Today I'm using the keyword suggestion tool and thumbnail maker to go back for improvements where I had gotten lazy. TubeBuddy is a game changer.

Make it a great day!

~Jamie

Reactions: BraveStarrTG

RazzBarlow

TubeBuddy Pro
Welcome to TubeBuddy! You've definitely found yourself a niche! I watched your latest video with the backup camera. I will probably be going back for more. You are right, TubeBuddy is a game changer. I'd be lost without it.