• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Suggested Canned Post with a Link to a Video or Playlist.

DrEkberg

TubeBuddy Legend
Would love to have the ability to reply to a comment and add a video/playlist link.

I get questions all the time that I have already made a video on. Right now we have a link to a search query, but it would be great to be able to pick from a list.

Thanks.

Reactions: Andrew
OP
OP
D

DrEkberg

TubeBuddy Legend
Thank you Andrew, but that wasn't what I was suggesting. It would be part of canned responses, but with an ability to find our video or playlist links.

We would like to link to another video or playlist in the comments. So if they are watching a video "How To Eat Right" and they ask what veggies they should eat we can send a canned response like this...

"Thank you {N}. We have a video on this topic: {video link (dropdown list)}. Hope this clears up your question."

We have over 200 videos. Right now we have a canned answer "Here is a list of videos on _ https://www.youtube.com/user/drekberg/search?query=insulin+food", but it would be nice to have a drop down that list all videos so we can send a direct link to the video.

Beanie Draws

Thank you Andrew, but that wasn't what I was suggesting. It would be part of canned responses, but with an ability to find our video or playlist links.

We would like to link to another video or playlist in the comments. So if they are watching a video "How To Eat Right" and they ask what veggies they should eat we can send a canned response like this...

"Thank you {N}. We have a video on this topic: {video link (dropdown list)}. Hope this clears up your question."

We have over 200 videos. Right now we have a canned answer "Here is a list of videos on _ https://www.youtube.com/user/drekberg/search?query=insulin+food", but it would be nice to have a drop down that list all videos so we can send a direct link to the video.
I can kind of see where you're going with that and I think I might have made a similar suggestion. Though I would also suggest you could make our own list simply by seeing what are the most popular videos you have and the most popular questions your commenters have, and make seperate conned responses for those.

For example, I draw a lot of dinosaur videos and I have seperate playlists for "trex" "spinosaurus" etc, so if people go "can you please draw a spinosaurus" I have a canned comment with that playlist link in the comment and I can easily just refer to that comment. Granted, that takes a bit of setting up, which is where your extra suggestion would be useful, but you can kind of cover some of those future questions yourself by making individual canned responses. I have a few canneded responses setup for different requests that I commonly get that I've already done videos on and it's easy now for me to just refer to those :)

Beanie Draws

I've also added a bit of an example how I incorporate several video requests that I've already covered in their own canned responsed, but indeed you need to manually set those up and manually find the video links in the first place to set those canned comments up (i think anyway) and indeed, some way to find those videos quicker would be handy. But this is a way to do it in a kind of a way you're asking I think.
Screenshot (2154).png

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com

Ah, I get what you're saying. Hmm let me ask our team and see what they say! M

OP
OP
D

DrEkberg

TubeBuddy Legend
Beanie & Andrew

Thank you Beanie. That was what I was trying to say.

Thank you Andrew for looking into this. This would be very helpful. We already have 15+ canned responses (without adding individual videos or playlist). Adding more would make the list very long which becomes a chore in itself.