• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Work In Progress BULK PINNED COMMENT ON VIDEOS!

OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

I like this suggestion! To further to it, the ability to to bulk update old pinned comments with new video/playlist pins :)
Thanks! I honestly use the pinned comment feature when I happen to reply to a video from a year ago. Quick reply, then do a seoperate comment like "Still uploading today, check out my latest videos!" then pin it. Viewers then see a video that a year old, with that video creators comment from say 10 minutes ago. Demonstrates a still active channel and an engaged creator!

OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

I like the idea op! I'll tag @Phil and @Eric
Thanks guys. I've got two channels. One has 130k followers (@Plumberparts) and the other (new channel) nearly 4k (@TimesWithJames) Both are on a 'Star' license. It'd be great if this functionality was added...I'd honestly use it every time I upload along with bulk updates of cards. Please give me a shout on this thread if it happens!

Reactions: Damon and TubeBuddy
OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

So it's been a few weeks (and I've been filmaking in Spain!) Has there been any further dev/thought about this idea? Would be a top bit of functionality...

Reactions: TubeBuddy

Phil

CEO of TubeBuddy
TubeBuddy User
Here's the deal - technically, it would be possible.

Here's the problem - we are worried that bulk/mass commenting across your entire channel might get flagged as a bot/spam/etc and get your account suspended.

Here's the good news - we're talked about it a lot in the past but your message just prompted me to check YouTube's API and it looks like it's possible to edit existing comments via API (before I thought we'd have to use our browser extension to edit a comment). Which means... it wouldn't look to YouTube like someone going page by page on their site making comments - if it's done via their programmatic API (that we use for a lot of things), automation is allowed and actually encouraged.

My mind is actually a little blown right now. I think we can build this feature! And I never thought we'd be able to in the past because of automation issues but w/ the API we can do it. The only thing is (which shouldn't be a problem) - that we could only *update* existing pinned comments. We wouldn't be able to automate adding new pinned comments.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Here's the problem - we are worried that bulk/mass commenting across your entire channel might get flagged as a bot/spam/etc and get your account suspended.

Here's the good news - we're talked about it a lot in the past but your message just prompted me to check YouTube's API and it looks like it's possible to edit existing comments via API (before I thought we'd have to use our browser extension to edit a comment). Which means... it wouldn't look to YouTube like someone going page by page on their site making comments - if it's done via their programmatic API (that we use for a lot of things), automation is allowed and actually encouraged.

My mind is actually a little blown right now. I think we can build this feature! And I never thought we'd be able to in the past because of automation issues but w/ the API we can do it. The only thing is (which shouldn't be a problem) - that we could only *update* existing pinned comments. We wouldn't be able to automate adding new pinned comments.

What about an ability to comment from the upload page, and then pin it from the upload page? :D

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

THIS IS SO EXCITING - and exactly the functionality I was hoping for! I must say I'm super impressed how you guys have responded to my suggestion (on most forums the company owners don't even look!)

Is this in Dev now? If it goes well, can it still be integrated into the Star package (that's what I have for my two accounts)

All the best,

James

OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

We've been talking about this from VIdCon! Work takes time, but will keep you posted :D
No worries Andrew. I understand this sort of thing can take ages (we've got a website re-launch on Monday!) Whats the chances of before Christmas?! Also I look forward to my free subscription for LIFE! Haha! :laughing:

OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

Hi Andrew, just watched your video about suggestions on YT. Does this mean I could get an account upgrade if this feature goes live? I'm being cheeky but if you don't ask you don't get...especially now this is 'Work In Progress' ;)

Paul

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
texturemaster.com
Subscriber Goal
This would be a uge one for me. Everytime I upload a video I go through and comment on old videos, pinning the comments, something like "Still uploading today...here's a link to my latest video..." Its takes ages and would be miles easier If I could do this in bulk...PLEASE ADD THIS FUNCTIONALITY!
Awesome idea!!!:cool:

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Seems the community is agreeing :D
Has pinned comments always been part of youtube or were they features added in later like end screens? I have videos from 2015-2016 that I never knew about these features, so those videos usually sit without a pinned comment or end screen simply because I forget that I never added them. IΓÇÖd luuuurve it!

Reactions: jamesplumberparts
OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

Has pinned comments always been part of youtube or were they features added in later like end screens? I have videos from 2015-2016 that I never knew about these features, so those videos usually sit without a pinned comment or end screen simply because I forget that I never added them. IΓÇÖd luuuurve it!
I think it came in about 5 years ago. Regardless I'm so happy my suggestion is being implemented - I use TubeBuddy for two YouTube accounts (1 with 130k subs and a new one with 5k) and it's been invaluable. A free legend status in for these accounts in return for this idea would be amazing as I really want to use the A/B testing feature...just don't have the money!

Reactions: Beanie Draws

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I think it came in about 5 years ago. Regardless I'm so happy my suggestion is being implemented - I use TubeBuddy for two YouTube accounts (1 with 130k subs and a new one with 5k) and it's been invaluable. A free legend status in for these accounts in return for this idea would be amazing as I really want to use the A/B testing feature...just don't have the money!

They came out during 2017 haha! Not exactly five years! As we said in our post here, IF we do implement your idea we give you an upgrade :)

OP
OP
jamesplumberparts

jamesplumberparts

They came out during 2017 haha! Not exactly five years! As we said in our post here, IF we do implement your idea we give you an upgrade :)

Thanks Andrew. I'm going to upgrade to Legend on my 'Plumberparts' account over the weekend as I want to do A/B testing on videos that are 10 years old, not greatly optimised but get loads of views. I think the great thing about TubeBuddy's AB function is that it removes the risk of altering a videos meta/keywords/thumbnail and getting less views as a result...I'll let you know how it goes!

Reactions: TubeBuddy