• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Banner Feedback Can you tell what my channel is about?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
EBOcD0Plj6EJXJ1YvNqn2e_Yy0DolqZcNCIWtMrERzF25YaMHEAcEepPwerYj9eDyxiLZIIR5A=w1060-fcrop64=1,00005a57ffffa5a8-nd-c0

I wanted to know if you could tell what my channel is about, and if you get a professional vibe from my channel. I want to convey you'll learn how to get better at film, and travel with my expertise! Thank you!

RazzBarlow

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
When the boss asks how his tie looks. DERP!

Your banner looks very professional. Honestly, one of the better ones I've seen. The word "Expertise" in the sub-title is a little confusing. Expertise in what? If that line was just "Film & Travel" it might have more punch. I like the slogan "IF I KAN YOU KAN TOO!". It's a great play on your last name. I don't know if the font size needs to be that big on that particular line. It puts a lot of emphasis on an ancillary part of the banner. Definitely more emphasis on "WEEKLY UPLOADS" than is necessary. Maybe replace that line with something like "I travel the world, documenting my journey with photos. I kan help you do the same." Possibly replace the "WEEKLY UPLOADS" with "Look for my latest video every Thursday" and make it more subtle, moving it down the page a little. I would keep the "as seen on" line, it's relevant and seems to have the right emphasis for what it is. The photos look good as I would expect from a channel focusing on photography. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
When the boss asks how his tie looks. DERP!

Your banner looks very professional. Honestly, one of the better ones I've seen. The word "Expertise" in the sub-title is a little confusing. Expertise in what? If that line was just "Film & Travel" it might have more punch. I like the slogan "IF I KAN YOU KAN TOO!". It's a great play on your last name. I don't know if the font size needs to be that big on that particular line. It puts a lot of emphasis on an ancillary part of the banner. Definitely more emphasis on "WEEKLY UPLOADS" than is necessary. Maybe replace that line with something like "I travel the world, documenting my journey with photos. I kan help you do the same." Possibly replace the "WEEKLY UPLOADS" with "Look for my latest video every Thursday" and make it more subtle, moving it down the page a little. I would keep the "as seen on" line, it's relevant and seems to have the right emphasis for what it is. The photos look good as I would expect from a channel focusing on photography. Hope that helps.

Fair criticism! I don't have a set date, because of schedule, but I do post weekly. I'm trying to focus more on the film making and expertise, so it might need to be something I can work on a bit more! Thank you :)

Reactions: RazzBarlow

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I've always loved your banner, it's clean, to the point. I will point out some mild things that bother me. That pheonix doesn't really register as a pheonix in your background. It's cool as a subtle pattern/texture thing, but I'm wondering if you could experiment with having a bunch of photos of what you do, gradually gradiating (if that's even a word?) out from the edges.
Currently I see what you're doing with the gradient transition from your coloured photos to the middle graphic, but the gradient is too obvious to me even in that state. I looks like the blend is 5-10 pixels when you could easily afford to make the blend much more gradual to about 50-100 pixels.

I'd also like to see you try it like this (no idea if the description will translate, but bare with me)
Colour photo 100% transparencey - blends into a slightly less coloured photo 90-80% transparency - blends to an even less coloured photo nearly mono chrome 70-50% transparency - blend to a monochome photo at about 10% transparency - blends to another (these monochrome photos will be behind andrew kand text)- blends back to a nearly monocrome 70-60% transparency - blends to a slightly more coloured 90-80% transparency - blends to full colour.

That's something I think could be cool to try and incorporate somehow :)
Other than that, even ow it is right now I really like. (though in mobile view, I don't know if anyone would see the photos of you with cameras, so you'd be relying less on visual communication, and more relying on the "film" to get across what you do in mobile form.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Looks good and professional. I kind of agree to the expertise feedback you got from Razz.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Here's my personal opinion. Without the words in the description, I really couldn't tell there were travel videos involved in the channel. Also, I agree with @Beanie Draws, I didn't notice the Phoenix till he mentioned it. Not sure if it matters much for it to be so obvious but just thought I'd second Beanie.

Other than that the image is definitely very professional looking.

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Here's my personal opinion. Without the words in the description, I really couldn't tell there were travel videos involved in the channel. Also, I agree with @Beanie Draws, I didn't notice the Phoenix till he mentioned it. Not sure if it matters much for it to be so obvious but just thought I'd second Beanie.

Other than that the image is definitely very professional looking.

It's more of a hidden thing and if you notice awesome! Thank you for the feedback ill work on that!

LisaMBM

I agree with much of what @RazzBarlow stated. I've been deconstructing some of the big players in my field and I notice that most of them do not add their name to the title -if they do, it's small.

I would make the USP bigger so that your customers are compelled within the first 3 seconds of being exposed to it. I love the play on your name. (If I Kan You Kan Too) Akin to I can haz cheeseburger, I might suggest flipping it to appease your customer: You Kan Make Videos (although the misspelling might trip them up and make their brain hurt -it's a real thing!) So you might test whether you sacrifice subscribers because of that.

Are you familiar with Europe Through the Back Door with Rick Steves series? You could do something similar: Make Travel Videos with Andrew Kan (or some such). Subscribe to get weekly inspiration (if you can't commit to posting on certain date).

By adding an action verb "Make" the first word of your channel, you're engaging the viewer's brain to move. Those who are motivated to create and make will be attracted to your channel just because of that name.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I would make the USP bigger so that your customers are compelled within the first 3 seconds of being exposed to it. I love the play on your name. (If I Kan You Kan Too) Akin to I can haz cheeseburger, I might suggest flipping it to appease your customer: You Kan Make Videos (although the misspelling might trip them up and make their brain hurt -it's a real thing!) So you might test whether you sacrifice subscribers because of that.

That's the channel slogan, and the message I want people to leave with [Also teaches them it sounds like Can not Khan] The If I Kan, you Kan too! I do have a more updated Helping you overcome film-making hurdles with the belief that if I kan, you kan too!

That's what I'm working on at the moment!

It'd look like

Andrew Kan

Helping you overcome film-making hurdles with the belief that if I kan, you kan too!

New videos weekly, so subscribe to make better videos!

Need to get @Aaron to help me XD or find the original PSD for @Beanie Draws

Barryb64

What is your channel about? I would definitely say that you are a competitor to Roberto Blake. The banner is certainly professional and I'm already thinking of asking you about m own channel banner. Nice job. I'm already expecting to see tutorials related to photography (still and video). Am I right? I know this is an old post.