• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Seeking Advice More Subscribers?

KRunchiWhoA

New User
Hey guys! How can I gain more subscribers? I'm fairly new (couple months) to the YouTube game. I have my tags and and content (I think) in order..Help!

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Hey guys! How can I gain more subscribers? I'm fairly new (couple months) to the YouTube game. I have my tags and and content (I think) in order..Help!
Could you link your channel so we can take a little better look. The way to grow subscribers is to identify your ideal audience with your content. Do you have a value proposition? This helps you know what audience you're trying to build? Looking at your thumb it seems a food related audience?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
Three Things:

1. Learn something about storytelling in with video/motion picture. ("How to Shoot Video That Doesn't Suck" by Steve Stockman)
2. Learn something about SEO. (That's everything here at TubeBuddy.)
3. Crank out 3 videos a week for five years according to the above. (Rinse and repeat until you decide this isn't for you or you love it and will keep doing it no matter how many or how few subscribers you gain.)

The subscribers come as a byproduct once the above has been "mastered" and done for a very long time.

Last edited:

Beanie Draws

I personally think the best way to gain more subscribers is to stop trying to gain more subscribers. What you need to focus on is providing the best entertainment you can to everyone and anyone irrespective of if they subscribe or not, and then people will subscribe naturally.

You can always help your chances by doing what Damon mentioned, but also, make sure your videos are punchy and get straight to the point. Audiences don't want a minute long introduction, they'll et bored super quickly and leave before you get a chance to ask them to subscribe. So bring the value of the video within the first few seconds.

Make a short call to action. Don't beg for subscribers, but simply something along the lines of "if you're into food, so am I! So subscribe to see even MORE food!" there's not much more you can do other than that and just hope your winning personality and catchy video does the rest.

S.E.O will help your video get in front of the right eyes, but you can also find more platforms to promote in front of (in a non spammy way) maybe start a web blog or get involved in food communities.Don't ask people to subscribe but just get involved in the communities and people will naturally gravitate towards you.

Subscriber numbers at the end of the day aren't important. It's the watch time that's imporant. Get people watching and staying and everything else will fall into place :)

Ronnieleeeee

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
T
I personally think the best way to gain more subscribers is to stop trying to gain more subscribers. What you need to focus on is providing the best entertainment you can to everyone and anyone irrespective of if they subscribe or not, and then people will subscribe naturally.

You can always help your chances by doing what Damon mentioned, but also, make sure your videos are punchy and get straight to the point. Audiences don't want a minute long introduction, they'll et bored super quickly and leave before you get a chance to ask them to subscribe. So bring the value of the video within the first few seconds.

Make a short call to action. Don't beg for subscribers, but simply something along the lines of "if you're into food, so am I! So subscribe to see even MORE food!" there's not much more you can do other than that and just hope your winning personality and catchy video does the rest.

S.E.O will help your video get in front of the right eyes, but you can also find more platforms to promote in front of (in a non spammy way) maybe start a web blog or get involved in food communities.Don't ask people to subscribe but just get involved in the communities and people will naturally gravitate towards you.

Subscriber numbers at the end of the day aren't important. It's the watch time that's imporant. Get people watching and staying and everything else will fall into place :)
Thanks for this! Great advice! I think I’m my next video I’m gonna cut my introduction short and get straight into my vlog. I’m really trying to get my watch time up. I also was thinking about getting back on Tumblr but not sure if anyone still uses that or not. I use Facebook, Instagram, Reddit and Twitter for promotion for now, but looking for other places to start being active in. I also like to watch other vloggers that are in my niche and engage with them i.e comments, likes etc

Reactions: Andrew and Damon

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
I usually skip the intro altogether. Note how in movies and TV shows you don't see introductions anymore, they just jump straight into the story. If the TV show has an intro it's after they've establish the main plot point for that episode. Sometimes they'll do something like, "Previously on Adventures of Space Crusaders," to remind you of something that happen several many episodes back but never got a chance to resolve. Again film and T.V., you can learn a lot.

Last edited:

Ronnieleeeee

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
I usually skip the intro altogether. Note how in movies and TV shows you don't see introductions anymore, they just jump straight into the story. If the TV show has an intro is after they've establish the main plot point for that episode. Sometimes they'll do something like, "Previously on Adventures of Space Crusaders," to remind you of something that happen several many episodes back but never got a chance to resolve. Again film and T.V., you can learn a lot.
Omg!! This is so true!!! Thank you!! Lollll

Reactions: Damon

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
I usually skip the intro altogether. Note how in movies and TV shows you don't see introductions anymore, they just jump straight into the story. If the TV show has an intro it's after they've establish the main plot point for that episode. Sometimes they'll do something like, "Previously on Adventures of Space Crusaders," to remind you of something that happen several many episodes back but never got a chance to resolve. Again film and T.V., you can learn a lot.
So far I have never seen a TV show without an Intro but most put the Intro after the first 15 to 30 seconds of the show and, as @Damon put it, the plot has been established. I personally like Intros, it adds a professional look to the videos, a uniqueness to stand out and a chance to have something personal. But I like them short and sweet. Most Netflix shows have short Intros, there are some who last no more than 5 seconds. I've incorporated mine into the main video footage. It saves the Intro time in my video while still maintaining an Intro.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
Well, well executed intro does give a "more professional" edge as all the things you mentioned, but poorly executed intros are worse than a bad thumbnail. They'd be better off without it. The reality is the intro is only going to be as good as the rest of the video.

I hate seeing a really "slick" intro and the rest of the video falls flat. It's all flash no photo. It's about like an awesome thumbnail then the video itself makes you want to slit your wrists. The intro should be derived from the quality of the content. Just because a video has an intro doesn't mean that it is more professional than one that doesn't, especially when the entire video wreaks of amateurism.

If the video is bad and the thumbnail is bad, then a "professional" intro won't fix anything. Again if a person spends the time learning to shoot video that doesn't suck, the intros will develop at the same time/rate as the content itself despite what one's personal preferences might be. It always comes back to the quality of the content itself.

A bad video with an awesome intro is still a bad video. A good video with no intro is still a good video.
(I'm probably going to get in trouble here but . . .) A beautiful lady without make up is still beautiful, but ugly is to the bone.
A well baked cake without icing is still a well-baked cake. A fallen, tough cake brings few smiles.

Last edited:
Reactions: BraveStarrTG

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Actually since most views come from non subscribers it's actually really important at certain sizes :)

Reactions: Ronnieleeeee