• Guest FORUM patch notes JUNE! Click Here to learn more!

Suggested Add Premiere To "Schedule Publish"

DJ Monopoli

Newbie Member
So I could be wrong about this but from what I understand, as soon as you set a video as a "Premiere" the title/thumbnail instantly goes into sub boxes as a sort of empty "coming soon" thing with an active chat no matter how far away it is from the scheduled "Premiere" date. If that's true, then if I scheduled a bunch of Premieres to go live throughout the week, I would essentially be sending all of those unreleased video thumbnails and titles to my subscribers sub boxes at the same time. This might not always be ideal especially if the videos are a series that tell a story and the thumbnail/title from the videos scheduled to go later could potentially spoil content that is scheduled to go up earlier. Another problem is if I happen to be doing the Premiere scheduling at a bad time of the day for my channel, I could be decreasing the number of people who will find the Premiere because it will be buried in sub boxes by the time it is a good time of day for my channel. I I hope this makes sense, but basically I would definitely benefit from having the ability to schedule a time for the video to be scheduled as a "Premiere."

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
So I could be wrong about this but from what I understand, as soon as you set a video as a "Premiere" the title/thumbnail instantly goes into sub boxes as a sort of empty "coming soon" thing with an active chat no matter how far away it is from the scheduled "Premiere" date. If that's true, then if I scheduled a bunch of Premieres to go live throughout the week, I would essentially be sending all of those unreleased video thumbnails and titles to my subscribers sub boxes at the same time. This might not always be ideal especially if the videos are a series that tell a story and the thumbnail/title from the videos scheduled to go later could potentially spoil content that is scheduled to go up earlier. Another problem is if I happen to be doing the Premiere scheduling at a bad time of the day for my channel, I could be decreasing the number of people who will find the Premiere because it will be buried in sub boxes by the time it is a good time of day for my channel. I I hope this makes sense, but basically I would definitely benefit from having the ability to schedule a time for the video to be scheduled as a "Premiere."
So would you like to unlist the premiere, and only release them closer towards the date? Just so I understand how we could do this from a logistics stand point!

OP
OP
DJ Monopoli

DJ Monopoli

Newbie Member
Hey sorry for the late reply, just saw you responded in my e-mail. But yes, that's exactly what I would like! Upload the video unlisted and then go in and schedule a "Go-Live" date/time but provide the option to "Go-Live" as a scheduled premiere. So you would essentially have to put 2 different date/times.

1. The date/time that the video switches from unlisted to a premiere that begins counting down to the release.
2. The actual scheduled release date/time that the video officially "premieres" on YouTube for everyone to watch.

I hope that makes sense. It's a little weird to explain since I'm talking about scheduling a scheduled video haha.

Reactions: Andrew

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Hey sorry for the late reply, just saw you responded in my e-mail. But yes, that's exactly what I would like! Upload the video unlisted and then go in and schedule a "Go-Live" date/time but provide the option to "Go-Live" as a scheduled premiere. So you would essentially have to put 2 different date/times.

1. The date/time that the video switches from unlisted to a premiere that begins counting down to the release.
2. The actual scheduled release date/time that the video officially "premieres" on YouTube for everyone to watch.

I hope that makes sense. It's a little weird to explain since I'm talking about scheduling a scheduled video haha.

I understand it! I'll pass this to our dev team on Monday! :D