TubeBuddy My YT Acct Blocked Due to Hate Speach and Hacking ?

GVSmith

New User
Youtube previously emailed me about copyright and hate speach complaints, I have four German newsreels from World War 2 with images of American POWs I posted for research purposes. YT then decided in my favor, then on 5 Jun 2019 Youtube blocked my access to my paid account claiming hate speach, then denied that and say my account is blocked because it was hacked and YT/Google wants $200 to unblock it. I'm blocked from using or cancelling my account.

What should I do?

The other thing weird about this is that today I spent 45 mins on the phone with them telling me I had to download and install some program from them to assure a secure access so they can see what they sent me previously in the emails. On the phone I had to run some run command and look for something in the windows files to delete. I disconnected them when I saw they were remotely logging into my email account. The number I reached them at is listed on my credit card account charges for the Youtube premium account I pay for.

Last edited:

RazzBarlow

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'm pretty sure Google (YouTube) would not ever log into your computer for any reason. Phone numbers can be spoofed. It sounds to me like you were the victim of a pretty sophisticated trojan horse scam.

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm pretty sure Google (YouTube) would not ever log into your computer for any reason. Phone numbers can be spoofed. It sounds to me like you were the victim of a pretty sophisticated trojan horse scam.
Yeah, I assume that YT would already have your account details in their database so they wouldn't need to log into your computer.

YouTube wouldn't ask you to call them or even ask you to pay $200 to get your account back. Did you check the email address?

OP
OP
G

GVSmith

New User
UPDATE:
So I called YT again to cancel my account. Their number is 855-276-3666 and shows up in internet searches as YT support and Amazon support. It's some call center somewhere. The people on the phone have strong eastern accents and are hard to understand.

I'm told again that my account is not blocked for hate speach but that it's been hacked and I don't own it anymore, 4 other people do.

And I'm told I can't cancel my account because I can't prove I'm the owner. To prove to them that I am who I say I am I have to send them 4 $50 money cards from Walgreens, one for each hacker owner. No credit card payments. Money cards only and he explains that's how all the professionals do it now days. He says the $200 will be refunded after I proved who I am.

WTF

Yeah, I assume that YT would already have your account details in their database so they wouldn't need to log into your computer.

YouTube wouldn't ask you to call them or even ask you to pay $200 to get your account back. Did you check the email address?
The email address is they send from is <accounts-noreply@youtube.com> .

The YT emails I received on this were informative only as to the copyright and/or hate speach complaints and their actions and not the kind of email that you can respond to.

YT didn't ask for my acct info. YT said the reason to be in my email is to see what the hackers sent me and to set up a secure server to communicate with me. That's when I cut them off and then they said I would have to send them the money cards to prove who I am.

No YT didn't ask me for my password.

Contact YT via Twitter?
Ya, I'm preparing something now to post to the YT Twitter and FB pages and to send to their fax number.

The emails are from youtube.com.
The phone number I called is the YT published support line phone number.

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Pro
titotim.com
To prove to them that I am who I say I am I have to send them 4 $50 money cards from Walgreens, one for each hacker owner
4 money cards? You are talking to the hacker - not YT. There are various ways to prove it is your account - paying the hacker is not one of them. I would use the online help accessible from the YT page.

On a side note... does Nick not know that it is "phishing"? Seems odd for an "expert"... just saying ha ha

OP
OP
G

GVSmith

New User
4 money cards? You are talking to the hacker - not YT. There are various ways to prove it is your account - paying the hacker is not one of them. I would use the online help accessible from the YT page.

On a side note... does Nick not know that it is "phishing"? Seems odd for an "expert"... just saying ha ha
Ya, I gave them several ways they can confirm who I am but all they keep telling me is it's how all the professionals do it today.

No, this is YT on the phone. And there's no other way to contact them. You can't get past the first level of support. Just like GoDaddy has become. They don't respond to or I'm blocked from other attempts to converse with them and Google.

I'll have something ready by tomorrow to send to their fax number and post to FB and Twit.

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Pro
titotim.com
They want 4 separate gift cards from a drugstore? No. You are talking to a scammer. Why would YT want Walgreen cards?

OP
OP
G

GVSmith

New User
Not gift cards. Money cards. Because that's the way they do it now is what they said on the phone.

I was on the phone with them about 8 times, for over an hour with them and it's a bunch of rediculous answers but it's definately YT. Go ahead. Call any of YTs published help numbers and see who answers the phone.

I just collected them all together. The sent me 23 emails about 2 of 4 of these videos I have up before the suspended my account. My only response to them was the videos were in the public domain and not subject to copyright.

Here's some samplings ...

"Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked. This means that your video can no longer be played on YouTube."

"If Fremantle International agrees with your dispute, they can release the claim at any time. If they disagree, they can choose to uphold it, and the claim will remain active on your video."

"Good news! After reviewing your dispute, Eagle Rock has decided to release their copyright claim on your YouTube video."

"Your video German World War II Newsreel DIE DEUTSCHE WOCHENSCHAU DVD #23 - 2 Nov 44 - 22 Mar 45 - Part 1.2 was flagged to us by the YouTube community. Upon review, we have placed restrictions on how the video will be shown. Please note that your video will continue to be available on YouTube.

Video content restrictions

We believe in the principles of free speech, even when that speech is unpopular or potentially offensive to some viewers. However, YouTube doesn't allow hate speech or content that promotes or incites violence. In some cases, flagged videos that do not clearly breach the Community Guidelines but whose content is potentially controversial or offensive may remain up, but with some features disabled.

Your video will be shown after a warning message. In addition, certain features such as comments, sharing, thumbs up, and suggested videos have been disabled. Your video is also ineligible for monetization."

"We'd like to inform you that due to repeated or severe violations of our Community Guidelines (https://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines) your YouTube account has been suspended.

After review we determined that activity in your account violated our Community Guidelines, which state that hate speech is not acceptable on our site."

OP
OP
G

GVSmith

New User
They want 4 separate gift cards from a drugstore? No. You are talking to a scammer. Why would YT want Walgreen cards?
I called YT again to cancel my account. Their number is 855-276-3666 and shows up in internet searches as YT support and Amazon support. Go ahead and call it. It's some call center somewhere. The people on the phone have strong eastern accents and are hard to understand.

I'm told again that my account is not blocked for hate speach but that it's been hacked and I don't own it anymore, 4 other people do.

And I'm told I can't cancel my account because I can't prove I'm the owner. To prove to them that I am who I say I am I have to send them 4 $50 money cards from Walgreens, one for each hacker owner. No credit card payments. Money cards only and he explains that's how all the professionals do it now days. He says the $200 will be refunded after I proved who I am.

Beanie Draws

Youtube previously emailed me about copyright and hate speach complaints, I have four German newsreels from World War 2 with images of American POWs I posted for research purposes. YT then decided in my favor, then on 5 Jun 2019 Youtube blocked my access to my paid account claiming hate speach, then denied that and say my account is blocked because it was hacked and YT/Google wants $200 to unblock it. I'm blocked from using or cancelling my account.

What should I do?

The other thing weird about this is that today I spent 45 mins on the phone with them telling me I had to download and install some program from them to assure a secure access so they can see what they sent me previously in the emails. On the phone I had to run some run command and look for something in the windows files to delete. I disconnected them when I saw they were remotely logging into my email account. The number I reached them at is listed on my credit card account charges for the Youtube premium account I pay for.
I've never heard of ANYONE under 100k ever getting to youtube on the phone... and the moment you said "iI had to run some run command" I knew right away that whoever you were talking to one the phone was hacking you. Not sure, but you might have to contact your local authorities because it sounds like a police matter.

Beanie Draws

I called YT again to cancel my account. Their number is 855-276-3666 and shows up in internet searches as YT support and Amazon support. Go ahead and call it. It's some call center somewhere. The people on the phone have strong eastern accents and are hard to understand.

Funny, that number is also listed as amazon help, and on some shady websites.
Stop talking to them and go to twitter and direct messege TeamYouTube https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube but it's unlikely they can help because the scammers are well and truely got their claws into you by now. It sucks, but this isn't new. Scanners pray on unfortunately victims all the time and use tactics like "copyright" to mislead you into thinking it's them. They're getting very sophisticated these days.