• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Camera Gear Panasonic S1H Oh, man! This thing!

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Man, oh, man! Panasonic just announced their S1H. I've been saying for about a year that they needed a cinema camera to bridge the gap between the GH5S and the EVA-1. I understand it's slr form factor, but they are really targeting this thing for independent filmmakers.

I think the director of photograph has done TV shows and such. She put together a good reel. You'll love the Terminator, Borg Blade Runner shot:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX22z4IWs6s

What this means for me is I've been looking for a cinema camera in the <$5k bracket. It'd be much easier to me to keep my GH4, since I already have it rigged like a cinema camera. And S1h main cam and a GH4 b-camera could be a nice combo. Just get V-log L for the GH4. The S1H will have the Varicom's color science. I already use teh Varicam's LUT for grading everything.

Even the S1 with the filmmaker firmware due in july makes a good choice.

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Man, oh, man! Panasonic just announced their S1H. I've been saying for about a year that they needed a cinema camera to bridge the gap between the GH5S and the EVA-1. I understand it's slr form factor, but they are really targeting this thing for independent filmmakers.

I think the director of photograph has done TV shows and such. She put together a good reel. You'll love the Terminator, Borg Blade Runner shot:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX22z4IWs6s

What this means for me is I've been looking for a cinema camera in the <$5k bracket. It'd be much easier to me to keep my GH4, since I already have it rigged like a cinema camera. And S1h main cam and a GH4 b-camera could be a nice combo. Just get V-log L for the GH4. The S1H will have the Varicom's color science. I already use teh Varicam's LUT for grading everything.

Even the S1 with the filmmaker firmware due in july makes a good choice.

I'm in love with everything I have seen with this camera! This is a great short too! I think that two camera set up would be an easy win for you Damon!

Reactions: Damon